How to make money from your forum

Hugo E.

Hi,

I have been just curious if you have a forum and how you can make money from your online forum?

what are the best ways to earn extra bucks from it?

rwsorensen

WMS Marketplace Seller
Hi,

I have been just curious if you have a forum and how you can make money from your online forum?

We have got a travel forum in the past and earn money by selling ads and sponsored posts on it.

Also, Google adsense is a good choice if you want to make money with Google.

LuxVM

Hi,

Hello Hugo,

You could sell Ad space, there are loads of companies that can help you with this, buysellads.com is a good one to list your forums, aswell as what rwsorensen said Google Adsense is a great way to profit from your forums. Aslong as you have the traffic you can profit from it.

Regards,
Adam

MarkBlack6adv

Greetings,

In order to earn money with your website/forum/blog you need to sell your AD spaces. Basically, you let other sites put banners in your site and make them pay for it. Google Adsense is really useful aswell, even though I would not recommend its use to a beginner, since it does have a lot of "strange" settings.

MarkBlack6adv

Adam Yunker

Hey there,

I feel like the major way would just to go through advertisers.

Whether that might be having someone pay you an amount upfront to keep their ad up for a day, week, or month (depending on how big your forum is) and go that route

OR

Just use PPC platforms like Google AdSense and getting paid that way.

Also you can always create a private discussion group for high-end users that can be a monthly subscription, but that will have to be once you get very big successful people that use your forum and allow them to use that special private discussion group for free and once that gets big enough start charging regular users a monthly fee.

Those are some of the ways that I can think of

Btw, Cool thread!

Hope this helped :)

Adam

whland

I have 2 forums currently and I make some money through google adsense.

I'm looking into other ways of earning money in the future. Such as paid sticky ads and direct ad sells.

Reactions: Andre

Andre

Andre
Do you consider to sell banner ad like Webmaster Sun?

Also offer premium members, paid forum sections are good choices to make money from forums.

Amanda

My forum utilizes forum currency to purchase certain services. A member can either post around the forum or purchase the forum currency for real cash. Additionally, we've got premium advertising in the header and the footer that allows our users to to have their leaderboard sized ad shown across the forum at random times. We limit the total ads to 10 between the header and the footer ads giving them more exposure. We offer different time frames a user can purchase for. I don't like doing pay per click because that generally rips off a user so we go based on one month, three month, six month, and one year prices. They're not very expensive either.

There are a lot of other ways your site can make money. You could try a premium membership that gives them something special (but something that members can also earn so they don't "have" to purchase to receive it). Sell merchandise with your forum's brand on it. The options are truly limitless if you sit down and think about it.

mindwave1

If you have a forum that has a very good amount of traffic to it, you can easily monetize it through google adsense. You can as well sell banner ads on your forum to make additional money. Remember, the kind of money you make is determined by the type of traffic coming straight to your forum. Period!

professorrosado

Hi,

Very little way to make money from a forum UNLESS you have significant TRAFFIC.

With real and significant traffic you can implement just about any type of monetization: CPA, CPL, Ad Space, Email Lists, membership fees, feature fees, CB, product offers, create your own products / services, and anything else relevant to your forum's niche.

Hometutor

Hometutor
Heck Gil that applies to any type of website. I continue to hold that a forum has greater flexibility in monetization than a standard web page or Wordpress blog. RSS feeds for example are treated as separate posts and can therefore be placed in multiple categories of multiple topics not only for automated content, but affiliate rss feeds as well.

Rick

smiglic16

I Think the best way forums get paid is from selling advertising space on them there is many huge forums that are selling banner spaces (advertising) for $6-$20 CPM (for thousand impressions) that's a loot of money and if you look that big forums are getting millions of views per month

Valdenheath

I get the odd promotional email from a forum I belong to, and I sometimes pay to post an ad on another forum.

wrcato2

If you have a lot of forum members you can use all of the above. Although the email function was touched on but is very powerful. You can sell a daily forum blast for more $$$ than a banner. Every member will receive a private message with a promo. Even if the member doesn't use the forum for a month the pm is still there waiting for them.

drastic

Hi,

You're posting this question on a forum? Just look at the forum and you'll see how they possibly make money.

All you have to do is look at them.

wrcato2

wrcato2
Yes, however, you should think outside the box for more opportunities. I remember Alan Says, asking Warrior Forum Members to pitch in on an autoresponder script for the Warrior Forum and it came with some really powerful incentives.

samimnoorzaitgc

Few things you may consider:
1- Selling banner ads
2- Showing ads from other networks
3- Paid special posts (sponsored posts)
That's it!

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies