When need backlinks for a new site?

Hugo E.

Hello,
I am not an experienced person in SEO, that's why my question may seem awkward, but I hope someone will respond.
I have just built a brand new site. I want to start building backlinks to it but my friend told me that I need to wait for 1 or 2 months then it becomes older then better for building backlinks.
Is it exact or I should build immediately after the site is published? What's your advice?

AndiLim

If you want to reach your target goal for your website then you will gonna need to create backlinks. Backlinks will help your website to gain more traffic and reach your target market immediately.

PTTed

I don't see any need to wait to build backlinks at all. If you make the effort to acquire high quality inbound links for your site, then you aren't going to need that many of them anyway. If that is the case, there is no reason you shouldn't just go out and get them whenever you can even if that is right now.

You might find that it takes a while for the site to start ranking. And you might find that it bounces around in the search results a lot when it is relatively new. Don't read too much into that if and when it happens. The site will settle down in the search results after a couple months. Don't let the bouncing around from week to week make you think that you need to go get some new links or need to change something about your site. Just wait it out. After a few months you will know which pages need more link juice.

SEOPub

To be blunt, your friend is completely and utterly wrong.

If you opened a new restaurant, would you wait 1 to 2 months to start advertising?

vishwa

You don't have to wait for 1 to 2 months old website to build backlinks. Backlinks are backbone of website SEO. You can start building backlinks from 1st day of your site. But remember creating backlink is not a task, You have to add quality content too.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.