How to SEO for a travel tours website

Harry P

I planning to set up a new travel website and I'm wondering besides google adwords or facebook ads with related keywords like travel, tours..etc. Any other options should I market it?
I have already go social media accounts about tours and going to using them for connecting to travel agencies. I just can't think of anything else to SEO or increase traffic for travel websites.

professorrosado

Hey, I'm a Travel Agent. Why don't you send me the url and let me see what or where we can work with you on this.
Also, I hope you are including YOUTUBE.COM when you say "social media", because it is a social media platform AND it is the 2nd largest search engine on the planet.

your_links_express

What kind of traffic do you need?

Well I was going to suggest to you Bing Ads, but I saw that your from Australia and most the traffic you would get from Bing is from the USA or Canada, unless you want traffic from there I wouldn't go that route. You could try using Instagram to get traffic, but if your looking for sales than that wouldn't convert very well but it is free so wouldn't hurt to try. You could also do some posting on travel related forums or blogs. It's a little more slow going, but you would get very targeted traffic. As for finding blogs I would use Google Alerts. It allows you to choose which keywords you want to target and then they will send you and email when someone has posted to a blog that contains your keywords. Can you let us know more about what kind of traffic you are looking for (just click throughs to increase Alexa ranking, people wanting to purchase travel packages, or adsense clicks). Also what country do you want your traffic to come from? This would help everyone to give you more clear direction in what kind of marketing you should do.
Best of luck mate!

UVM

I can tell you that travel related keywords are some of them most competitive so be careful when spending money on seo

wrigmark

I planning to set up a new travel website and I'm wondering besides google adwords or facebook ads with related keywords like travel, tours..etc. Any other options should I market it?
I have already go social media accounts about tours and going to using them for connecting to travel agencies. I just can't think of anything else to SEO or increase traffic for travel websites.
Apart from Ads; you can get from content marketing, helping others by the way of giving guide, seasonal tips & tour ideas, best fitted locations, importance, how to, precautions before booking tickets, guide relate to choosing hotels & places, etc. are some of best and well known ideas from which you can achieve targeted traffics but most important is you must be alert about any of replies, feedbacks, comments and reviews of visitors and also your website must meet SEO guidelines.

SolaymanRumon

SEO, helps you gain favor with search engines and soar in the rankings. This gets your business more leads and stronger sales. Without SEO, your site may never rank well enough to attract the traffic and leads you need to grow your business.

Ok, The question is how to do SEO for travel website? SEO strategy for any niche or business category is almost same(Like- Keyword Research, Competitor Analysis, On page Audit & Optimization, Technical Optimization then building link and authority). Only difference is planning, research and implementation.

For travel website you have to find out your targeted keyword. A complete knowledge about your competitor , then to create proper on page or content strategy, create webpage using this strategy, Next step will be audit optimize and building link or authority and relevancy.

If you are new with the term SEO I think my suggestion has gone over your head. You have not understand anything. then my humble request is hire an expert.

jeffscott

For a travel tour website, its highly recommended to reach travel blog sites with decent targeted traffic for your guest posting so that you will have the appropriate traffic that will convert on your site.

prawalikaroy

Optimize your website for Local SEO and Google Maps. ...
Make sure that your home page is optimized for keywords related to your target locations.
Optimize your 'destination pages' by giving attention to the content, pages titles and descriptions.

BizAcquire

It's almost impossible to get high rank for new website on travel market. But I have my own travel website also.
So, I do basic seo like onpage optimize etc. I promote my website on youtube and pdf submit backlink with longtail keyword. I create a video for each festival date on my country, also do pdf submit with backlinks on flight/hotels booking for that festival.

stephenrobes

Do your social media marketing perfectly. It gives you huge traffic. As well as you can create your site related backlinks also.

Aria Mathew

Nowadays traveling websites have much competition also.
I tell you some important SEO points to improve your websites
1) Weekly twice write blog content and an internal link to the money URL
2) Then share the URL on social media regularly (Social media's like Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Reddit, Instagram)
3) Then do Backlink like youtube video submission, Slideshare submission.

Try these methods to get ranking and traffic on SEO.

Thanks
Aria Mathew

smithmary01

The Travel and tour website is the normal SEO, Bit the main factor is the keyword, you can target the best keyword, good content relevancy, and quality and using the social media platform, And the last suggestion is to analysis top 10 travel competitor site and get the more idea.

Daniel Cortes

Get a good keyword tool like Ahrefs or Semrush and search for keywords with lowe competition that has decent search volumes and then start writing tons of articles about traveling.

You can guest post and get backlinks later on. If you write decent articles, and lots of them then you will also receive backlinks naturally over time.

Brill Mindz

1. Craft high-quality content. A popular phrase goes, Content is King.
2. Launch landing pages that convert. Your travel website must be designed to convert visitors into customers.
3. Optimize content with keywords.
4. Social media strategy.
5. Quality backlinks.

ClaudiaBrunson

Hi

It's almost impossible to become a high ranking for a new web site on the traveling industry. But I've my traveling web site.

So, I do basic search engine optimization such as on-page maximize, etc.. I promote my website on youtube and pdf submit backlink using longtail keywords. I create a video for every single festival date around my country.

Have a good Journey

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.