Is YouTube a great choice to earn more money?

hotcrossbunboy

Like other users have said, monetizing YouTube videos requires a marketable personality, the ability to occupy an unaddressed creative niche, and other given amenities like enough money for good-quality video equipment. I've contemplated making YouTube videos myself, but there are certain limits I impose on seeing too many aspects of my life as commodities to be separated and sold off to strangers on the Internet. I also lack the patience needed to generate actual fame. Too many YouTubers try to buy their followers in one way or another, or go about methods like sponsorships in a way that comes off as disingenuous. For those reasons, they often lose their fame as quickly as they acquired it.

RemterPaul

Being a youtuber is all about being famous and going viral. One method is starting your own vlog which a lot of people are doing nowadays either for money or for popularity. There's no harm in trying but it will always be difficult at first. But having a creative mind and the skills of a good video editor is a must in creating or running your own channel. One should always have the ideas which will trend in order to attract a lot of viewers, which will lead to a great number of subscribers. Youtube will eventually give you money if you will be able to gain massive viewers and subscribers. The more viewers and subscribers, the more money you will get. My advice is, you should try doing it now, you never know, you might get a lot of sponsors and might get rich because of this.

JonathanS

Well, this answer has evolved over time since this thread was originally made. In my opinion, is YouTube a great choice to earn more money? At this point, no. I don't recommend doing YouTube as a source to make extra money. Especially if you're looking for quick, initial earnings. YouTube has and always will be an income that takes a moment to start generating. You need attention on your channel itself, along with the consistent activity of uploads for your audience. I will say though if you have a particular passion for something and have a little budget, YouTube can still be an excellent video project to start. Which could potentially lead to higher earnings. However, as of 2017, even the revenue earned from bigger channels have been sliced and diced like sushi. The research will show you that YouTube lost a significant number of ad partners coming into this year. Basically, the faucet isn't as flowing as it used to be. So if the big channels can feel the dip, all the smaller ones somewhat get wiped out.

If you are stuck on earning from YouTube, I suggest not only monetizing through AdSense, but implementing affiliate marketing and video sponsoring on your uploads. Becuase to solely rely on YouTube earnings isn't really a solid plan nowadays.

RajSS

YouTube is a great way to earn some money by just creating some videos and upload them to your channel. But, there are some things I would like you to remember before creating a channel on YouTube.

1) You should probably be patient. Earning on YouTube is not that easy. One cannot start earning within the day he/she creates the channel and upload videos. So, you should have some patience.
2) Create your own videos, don't download any videos from any source and upload them. You will get a copyright strike from YouTube. Create videos on what subjects you could easily do, like technology, tips, tricks, teaching dance or singing, or making some pranks or funny stuff, etc
3) Create good quality content. Videos should be at least of 720p, otherwise the audience will not be interested in watching your videos.
4) At the end of every video, you should convince people to subscribe or comment or like the videos.
5) You should link google adsense account to your YouTube channel so that you can start earning.

Shiraaz

Youtube has been consistently growing ever since its inception. In my opinion, because I have spoken to many people who post videos on Youtube on a weekly basis, it all depends on your type of crowd and your market. Your video must attract people who are looking for solutions or who require assistance with a particular problem. Youtube has become a sort of passive income for a lot of people who are looking to make some extra money. To become successful in it, you must post videos often which are of good quality and try get your views and subscribers as much as possible. It is worth it yes, but a lot of hard work and dedication must go into it.

Ithinkmom

There are many YouTubers and vloggers who are earning pretty well in YouTube. But your question is if it's a great choice to earn more money. My opinion is that it can be a great choice if you know exactly what you want to do in youtube and whatever it is you should be passionate about it. There are lot's of ways to earn money, you can be a youTuber or a vlogger who post everyday's activities or post travel videos etc.

Again you should check on where your interests are,because an overnight success rarely happens. Your videos must have thousands of views to get paid and to gain advertisement from Adsense. Some videos takes time before it hit thousands or million views. It is a must to watch and study first how Youtube works and subscribe to some YouTubers so you will have more ideas how they earn or how they started.

jayveeborres

I think a youter need an impact to get more subs, views, likes and comment down below. More appealing and just be natural also need more editing talent to get more money into it. I wish I could be a youtuber someday but I need a lot of learning to do. YouTube is great.

cutiee08

For me, yes, Youtube is a great way to earn money just by having people view your videos and having many subscribers. The problem is that many people now are hooked into this kind of thing so if you really want to make a channel and do videos, you must step up your game because there are a lot of competition out there. If you want your videos to stand out, they must be interesting or entertaining. You can do vlogs or daily vlogs in your channel. You can even do challenges for fun as long as people view your videos you can earn money. More views, more subscribers, more money. Another thing is if you are new to this and you are not familiar with editing videos or whatnot, that might be a problem but you can always learn. Creating a channel and doing videos are really lots of work to do but if you love entertaining people and making them inspired then this might be your thing.

jogoy02

Yes, but you have to make sure that the video that you uploaded on Youtube is original and not copyright. You have to make a video that catches the interest of the people, if you are a singer then make a cover of a song, if you are a dancer do some dance tutorial online, if you know how to play instruments like guitar then play with it. It's just a matter of interest where you can use your talent and post it on Youtube. I think you have to make 1 million views to earn and every 1k views worth $5, I'm not sure.

Rochelle Luz

Yes but in order to earn money in youtube is you need to be famous so that you can earn money . 90% of world know what is youtube and. 80% of world using youtube can you imagine that 80%?? Our rate in philippines is 1000k views is equal to 2 or 3$ it is lower than other country but it is ok. Youtube is a passive income just download your video and monetize with google adsense and ready to earn.

ColdFlameChris

I've been seeing a lot of youtube bloggers that are earning more money and for that, they make it as their full-time job. They get to travel and get paid at the same time. But you have to be appealing in order for your blogs to get viral. You can check your favorite bloggers earnings at socialblade.com.

Store

Hi everyone..

Yes it is true that youtube can be a great source of income. In fact i heard many stories of people who are earning thousands of dollars and even millions just posting videos on youtube.
However, many also failed in their endeavors. But there's no harm in trying, try and try until you succeed.
The best thing to do is to find your angle, and try until you catch the peoples attention with your videos.
Others posted their daily activities, others show their special skills.
Until you find what people are looking for, don't stop posting...

Joie

I believe so. I have known quite a lot of YouTubers who make a living out of posting videos on You tube. Some even quit from their day jobs just to focus on You Tube. There are a lot, especially women vloggers that started their videos of make up tutorials like Michelle Phan. Well, she's a big star now and just focused on her business. Others eventually widen their scope by creating lifestyle vlogs; they document their day-to-day activities or life changes. After you post your video, you can do other things and by means of advertisements, your videos will generate income for you. Sponsors contact them to try their products and I believe they make income from that too.

tiffiecute

It's a good venue for profit but not the best one. I am currently viewing Youtube videos to earn money at Snuckles and I was paid. Unfortunately, they pay low unless you are able to hit the jackpot prize. If ever I find one wherein you can earn big thru Youtube, i'll update this thread right away.

refrigeratorrr

Youtube for me is 50/50, in order to earn money you need to get famous first,but that is too hard in our time because there is too much competition in that industries. There is all low chance to get views because there are so many videos there. You are no one there but all you need to do is to get your video viral and get as many views as posibble.

itsmeryjoy

Yes, you can certainly make money through youtube but you need to consider some things. That is why before you make one, make sure to do some research in that way you will have a background. Anyway the more you have subscribers and people watched your videos the more and bigger money you'll earn.

Navi Ivan

Maybe yes maybe not because getting like and subs it hard if you dont have the proper gear or agood camera people wont subscribe on your video

So i think pasive income is the most practical thing to do.

yahm2001

There are millions yof outubers now admit that they earn money via youtube video. Some of them took this as a career to earn more money. I think they really earn money on doing youtube videos depends on how many viewers they have. If you have talent to showcase to make youtube video, go on we never know when it will become viral.

jessicarousey

It's gonna be a tough ride, you can never say that it is easy. Competition with other YouTubers is gonna be challenging, it's not gonna be that simple. Creating unique and interesting content, but without viewers is one of the sitatuations you would not want to be in. And then there comes the quality of the video, if your videos have interesting content and good video quality, mix it up with good marketing then you are most likely to gain numerous views. Well, being a YouTuber does pay, but one has to put the desire, will and commitment to make it work. Goodluck to your endeavors!

Jacob.k

IMO... dont bother making money by monetizing, they are banning for anything and everything videos, so you might find yourself in "not advertising friendly" boat easily and that's the end of the business. People who used to make there $10k per video are now left with peanuts.

Rather use video as a promotion service or product or whatever and earn that way.

Just remember that every place that has audience is worth... the profit depends on you and your product

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views