Simple vs Detailed logos?

gracadedues

I think simple is best. Specifically for branding purposes because people will recognise and remember it easier. All the big companies use very simple logos and very limited colours. Look at Google, Nike, Apple etc I always also consider what the logo will be used for. If you plan to use the logo for branding on merchandise or signs etc you need to remember the more colours you use the more the setup cost for printing will be. The other thing I usually do is to put the logo next to other logos in a similar industry and make sure mine stand out more. For example you will see people in finance industry usually use blue, gray or green logos so its a good idea to do something different. I usually do a search on google images then I zoom out so I can see many logos on one page to get a good sense of what people are using in that industry and then I try be different in my design approach.

SenseiSteve

Seems like everyone thinks simple is best and I agree. Problem is that a lot of prospects don't see it like that. I've had some prospects and clients go to vendors and take months trying to decide on their logo.

romanalexeevich198

I try to use simple logos where everything is clear and there is no excess. When the logo has a lot of elements and text, it is difficult to make out anything.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads