Traffic Drop

jpsurfer05

Hi Guys,
Its JP, it been a long time since i posted any questions or queries.

And I do have a new one question.

One of my clients want to know why their organic traffic dropped over 1000 visitor in the past October,November 2015, the sessions drops directly 858 to 72 in just two months according to the analytics, this may be caused because of Any Google updates or penalty.

But now as site is starting to gaining the sessions the current session numbers are around 350 but why this dropped a lot.

The online checking tool for penalties are showing website as not penalized.

So How can i check whether the website was penalized in the past or not, or is there any update that I might missed.

Appreciate any help, videos, links , blog or anything.

Thanks

(mods can remove the post if this post is somehow irrelevant)

samimnoorzaitgc

A traffic drop doesn't mean the website is penalized. Any reason could be, the website may lost rankings on some keywords, it's competitors may got higher rankings & etc.

SEO is not the one which ends, even if you hold the first position of Google search results, others may take it! You need to keep improving your rankings by writing more relevant content and link building in order to prevent a traffic drop.

Tell this to your client :D !

Last edited:

ulterios

Hi JP, it's nice to have you pay us a visit.

As for your issue, there are many different reasons for this including losses in rankings for keywords (due to many factors), algo changes that are always happening, bad backlinks or backlink building practices, or a number of other things and without knowing everything it's hard to tell.

As for the online checking tool for penalties, they are usually wrong as much as they are right. I have bought portfolios of domains/websites that were supposed to be clean and they turned out some weren't. Don't trust them.

If it was myself, I would look at the backlink situation and see what's going on there. Make sure there aren't any bad apples in the bunch. Perhaps start building some good backlinks to try to help as well.

Good luck. :)

SEOPub

What kind of links were you building for them? That is the first place I would look.

What did you change on their site? That is the second place I would look.

Those penalty checker sites are total BS. Since Google does not publicly share when they penalize a site (except in extreme cases like JCPenney's), there is no way they could have any freaking clue if a site was penalized or not.

TellMeAboutIt

Don't be discouraged, Google sometimes shuffles their top listings as a way of testing what site content performs better and is therefore "worthy" of top level rankings. Maybe you are a victim of this.

If not, I'd take a long, hard look at what you changed on the site!

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views