Finding a VPS with budget $20/month

Tshepo

I have 4 small sites and it has recently got good traffic so that my shared hosting resources could not accommodate its requirements for running websites. I am looking for a linux VPS with budget $20 monthly, prefer cPanel, how much highest RAM can I have with this budget? I searched some VPS companies on the forum and found some offered more RAMs like budgetvm. Can you share me any recommendations?

RDO Servers

That is a pretty low budget, especially considering a cPanel licence alone will cost you $15-$20/mo.

If you want to get decent resources, with a decent provider, you need to double your budget.

Tshepo

Tshepo
If I choose an unmanaged VPS without cPanel, it can go with that price and which free or cheap web hosting control panels should I have for it?

Delimiter

Delimiter
Check out VestaCP, it's a great open source panel that gives you the basic features and management abilities of something like cPanel. I run it on a handful of servers where I just don't want to fork over the $15 cPanel license to host a couple sites.

If you're going unmanaged you have a ton of options in the <$20/m range.

Developer

As an ex-hosting provider myself, my advice is this...

Unless you know servers really really well, you will WANT to pay the extra for the control panel. Making one small mistake could literally take your server offline for hours, if not days or even permanently.

If you're getting that much traffic, why not monetize the traffic you're getting so that you CAN afford to invest more in a quality VPS account WITH the proper tools and resources?

Just asking?

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.