Dark theme vs Light Themes ?

Frank

Hi everyone,

Which type of themes do you personally prefer to see on the sites and forums that you usually visit?

Any thoughts ?

MidnightAngel

Dark theme vs Light Themes?

I know that this is an older post, I read the warning, but seeing that it had no replies, I wanted to insert my two cents into it.

I used to prefer dark themes, because that is the way I used to make all of my sites, with a darker colored theme. But it depends on what the content is. For instance, my poetry site was a lighter theme, better for the eyes, and iMHO prettier for poetry and prose. When I made my used book site, with a lot of paranormal books that I sold, I made the theme darker because it included a lot of darkness, i.e. vampires, ghosts, hauntings, evil, things of that nature. That is when the darker theme seemed more appropriate.

I think it comes down to content, and what you want your visitors to 'feel' about your sites. Nowadays, I do go for the lighter themes, because honestly, for anyone using IE still the lighter themes seem to work better and load quicker. I think it takes longer for the darker themes to load, unless you have the mac daddy of computers and internet connection.

I hope that some of you will have an opinion on this as well, we are here to learn from each others trial and errors. :001_tt1:

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads