Adding a forum or blog to a site help SEO?

pathfinder

I heard that it will be better for SEO if I have a forum or a blog inside a site

example.com/forum or /blog

On forum I can make internal links to my articles for my site, is it helpful for SEO?

Any comments?

samimnoorzaitgc

It will not put negative influences until the content quality is fine. With the more pages with high quality content you're getting, it does help improve your rankings.

There is a high chance of getting backlinks by posting useful content on your blog.

A forum helps on site's content greatly. Try to force members to do just useful posts or give them credits when they do useful and high quality posts.

Nice work with including them in a sub-folders! Never put them in sub-domains. Sub-domains are considered as separate websites by Google so then you'll need to do the same optimizations for each of your sub-domains and for the website itself that requires more effort and time.

Shortly, Yes. Blog and Forums help to increase your website's rankings.

Hope it helps,
Thanks

SEOPub

If you are creating a forum or blog just because you believe it will help you to rank better, don't bother. Blogs, unless structured properly, have a chance of screwing up your internal link structure. You could actually hurt your rankings.

Forums take a significant amount of time to maintain and keep spammers out. I would never create a forum just for some perceived SEO value.

wms

Administrator
Staff member
Blogs, unless structured properly, have a chance of screwing up your internal link structure. You could actually hurt your rankings.
Blogs and forums appeared to serve this purpose but if we don't have a good link structure then it still help SEO for a site, unless they are only spam posts.

Forums take a significant amount of time to maintain and keep spammers out. I would never create a forum just for some perceived SEO value.
Why you supposed this?
Some big forums are working as well as which they wanted and having great results on search engines results.

SEOPub

Blogs and forums appeared to serve this purpose but if we don't have a good link structure then it still help SEO for a site, unless they are only spam posts.
That is not true at all. Just having a blog does not improve rankings.

Why you supposed this?
Some big forums are working as well as which they wanted and having great results on search engines results.
Sure. So are regular websites. My point was not that forums cannot rank in search engines. My point was that adding a forum to your website is not going to just magically improve your rankings. And for the added time in managing and administering a large forum, it is not worth it just to add one because you think you will rank better.

pathfinder

Nice work with including them in a sub-folders! Never put them in sub-domains. Sub-domains are considered as separate websites by Google so then you'll need to do the same optimizations for each of your sub-domains and for the website itself that requires more effort and time.
I will keep this advice, I don't really understand why sub domains was considered as separate websites by Google.

That is not true at all. Just having a blog does not improve rankings.
Why a blog does not improve rankings, in my point of view, it help increasing opportunities to get organic traffic for blog posts.

I visited more blogs and they are successful with this way.

sweetsdailyupdates

You can get some benefits in rank and user engagement by creating blog in your site. But make sure your content should be unique and informative. So whenever user search their query they can find easy solution in your blog and may be they will buy your service or products as well from your site.

If you have taken content or copy content from other site so it will definitely harm your site.Google will penalize your site for duplicate content.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.