Do traffic exchanges work?

hoangvu

Have you used traffic exchange programs before like hitleap or some other services? What were the results like for you? does they work for your website?
Since I have known they are automated services I considered its traffic can be low quality, more bots and will give me no real conversion. What about you? any inputs?

vishwa

Traffic Exchange sites are useless in term of traffic. The traffic which you will get from the traffic exchange sites are junk and there is no value to it. People will visit your site for earning credits and will leave your site when timer is off. So, I highly prefer to get organic and natural traffic which converts well.

TheRealRazzy

If you can get cheap manual traffic exchange visitors to your website it could be worth it.

A simple trick I like to use is this...

- Set up a simple 1 page website with content that encourages clicks. Like a simple sales page that provides the user something they will need for their website or blog.
- Have all your links on the page aim at your main website and when clicked it opens your site in a new tab.

Doing this will keep them on your pages and it will not disrupt their surfing. It's also pretty awesome because if people click a link and it opens in a new tab, it won't get closed or cycled through by the traffic exchange :D The original tab will close or cycle through, but your website will stay open for them to come back to :D

The bounce rate, conversions, and every other stat you can think of will be horrible for the 1 page website. But the traffic for your main website will only get better because real people will click through to see what you have and they may browse even more when they get back to your tab :D

BillEssley

WMS Marketplace Seller
- Have all your links on the page aim at your main website and when clicked it opens your site in a new tab.
It can be a nice trick and I have not ever used this way before. What are main purpose for using this way?

- Set up a simple 1 page website with content that encourages clicks. Like a simple sales page that provides the user something they will need for their website or blog.
I am wondering if this worked when buying traffic from cheap services? because traffic exchange is also low quality and doesn't covert well.

TheRealRazzy

It can be a nice trick and I have not ever used this way before. What are main purpose for using this way?
The purpose is to not send the traffic directly to your main website because it will hurt all your stats like unique visitors, pageviews, bounce rates, etc.

I am wondering if this worked when buying traffic from cheap services? because traffic exchange is also low quality and doesn't covert well.
Buying traffic packages probably won't work unless they are from manual traffic exchanges. You can purchase traffic packages from a seller who is just sending automated traffic to your website and nothing will ever happen. At least with manual traffic exchanges there are people clicking the "Next" button to view the next website in line.

You won't get a ton of clicks. But if you set it up like this, you'll be protecting your bounce rate :)

EIZO

Hitleap definetly don't work :)) only if you want traffic with no leads,
if traffic exchange is made efficient with a website in your niche it can bring you targeted visitors.

contentranked

I don't really see the point of using those services if it's going to be extremely low quality traffic. And like you said, probably no conversion. Invest in advertising like FB ads instead to drive more targeted traffic.

hynds

I think it still work in some cases such as if someone need to have amount of traffic but don't care about leads, quality, sources,...I also see that many guys are selling traffic through these such exchange traffic networks, such as Hitleap. So it's still useful for some guys based on their purposes.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.