Is web traffic a ranking factor?

StasVa

It was 4 years ago and everything could be changed. Now is 2016 and preparing for 2017.

SEOPub is right, lots of webmasters and websites don't use Google Analytics, and any marketing tools.
http://marketingland.com/as-google-analytics-turns-10-we-ask-how-many-websites-use-it-151892

You may be shocked, but Google analytics it's not the only one such kind of count and analytic tool. And "Google" is not equal to the "Internet" so far.
Traffic clearly is not a Ranking factor.
And never will be, because it would be the easiest parametr - you could spam and manipulate. An it's don't reflect relevance, domain trust, content quality and nothing what matters for Google search engine.

You have a lot to learn still. Google knows all the data about your site. Whether or not a website owner uses Google Analytics does not change the fact, it's what they use to rank all the sites online. Just because you cannot see the wind does not mean it does not blow.
That's is just so wrong.

If I don't have any google code on my website and somebody just visit my website from my Facebook page, how Google knows about this? And now how Google will make conclusions about my site without the original data? How Google can make conclusion how many people use wikipedia directly without using their search engine ?

I can even close acces to my website to any kinds of google robots...

Do you use Google when you want to go to Facebook ?

Sean78Black

Interesting discussions, I have a few questions

SEOPub is right, lots of webmasters and websites don't use Google Analytics, and any marketing tools.
So what tool they will use for their sites to analyze traffic stats?

You may be shocked, but Google analytics it's not the only one such kind of count and analytic tool. And "Google" is not equal to the "Internet" so far.
Traffic clearly is not a Ranking factor.
How can prove it is not a ranking factor?

Do you use Google when you want to go to Facebook ?
Are there any related things in using Google and Facbeook in this case?

w3master

Definitely Yes, Web traffic iindirectly effects your ranking factor. But you should keep an eye on your bounce rate. if bounce rate is high, there will be no use even you get higher traffic.

ajaykumar

not at all !!web traffic is not a ranking factor of any website . high quality backlinks is a ranking factor on search engines of any website. more web traffic is only helpful to improve alexa rank of website globally or at country level . it shows only how your website is popular on world wide web .

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.