How difficult is it to get from page 7 to page 1 on google?

gopackers

My website is currently on page 7, sometimes on page 6. How difficult is it to get to front page? I haven't really did work on SEO. Just curious.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
My website is currently on page 7, sometimes on page 6. How difficult is it to get to front page? I haven't really did work on SEO. Just curious.
As Seopub said, it is not possible to estimate how long you can rank a keyword from page 7 to page 1 on Google, it depends on the competition of that keyword.
As my experience, for a medium keyword, it took 1 to 2 months to have a keyword from page 7 to page 2 on Google and it took a same time to get that keyword from page 2 to page 1, for all it depends how you build backlinks and content on your site, it can have a keyword from page 7 to top 1 Google just some days if you have tons of quality backlinks pointing to your site and using that keyword as an anchor text.

krashtalk

I recently started working on SEO for my blog, and I can tell you that you're not going to rank on the 1st page of google overnight.

Besides using all the right keywords and backlinks, there are other indirect factors like: Using appropriate headers in all your posts, ensuring you have good content readability score etc etc

A good way to start is to analyze the keywords that your competitors are ranking for and come up with an SEO strategy - You can find this info on Semrush.com (I think theres a limit of 10 searches/day on a free account).

Consider signing up for a keyword search tool, SEO is not something you want to leave for guess work.

I hope this helped! :)

edatascholars

Hello!

It is hard but not that much start working on SEO don't mess with all the techniques select few techniques which are useful according to your website and concentrate on those you will get your result.

Ex:
1. If the website is related to education then concentrate building links from .edu domains and content optimization, if you work on both the techniques you will get the result.

2. If your website is related to entertainment then prefer Forum postings, Social Media, agin different kind of blog postings on major related categorey sites.

All the best!

Intuz

The rankings depend on competition on keywords and it is very difficult for tough competitive keywords to rank on 1st page. You need to have backlinks and content which proves your website helpful to other users. It will take time up to 6 or 7 months for new website to get into at-least top 50.

backlinkfy

Interesting question with no clear answer. First of all, what so you main by 1st page?

The only reason sites rank on the 1st page is due to quality backlinks and content with targeted keywords. So, getting from page 7 to 1 will depend solely on research the keywords that can rank you content in search and building related authoritative inbound links to that page.

Everything takes time, it could be days, weeks or months - be patient for results.

Aegis software

It all depends on lots of factor. Like how competition is for your particular keyword, your website structure, your website is responsive or not, you have created unique content or not etc.

So if you have done all the things as per SEO perspective or google guidelines so just do simple off-page activity like web 2.0, forum posting, high pr local business listing etc. You will definitely get ranking improvement.

kinexmedia

Firstly I need to know which keyword you need to rank and everything depends on analysis ..Only then we can answer better.. Otherwise Quality links 1-2 per day without anchor with great content you will get ranked 1-2 months on 1st page

johnclarke

It requires hard work but it is not impossible. No one can guarantee how much time it will take. But It will sure rank on first position if you plan out a strategy. Just find out links to your competitors for that keyword they rank on top 5 positions. Try to get the links from that domains and also builds links from some good authority sites in your niche. You will sure get results withing a month, but be specific with building links. Consider each link as valuable assets.

contentranked

There's no time frame to know exactly. Could take a few months could take a year or more.

It depends on the competitors ahead of you. All you can, and should, do is try to build high quality links. Look at your competition ahead of you (specifically the first page) and use a tool like Ahrefs to see 1) How many backlinks they have and 2) If it's possible to get those backlinks for your content as well.

NichBi

Depends on many factors, the keywords you need seo there is competitive keywords or not anymo

grubble

Out of interest, what sort of website is it? i.e. what's the topic, function, target audience, etc.
This has a huge impact in terms of how difficult it will be for you to climb the rankings, especially if you're up against stiff competition.

Tabassum

It is however depends upon the competition of the particular keyword in the industry. You cannot define how quickly you will be on the first page! and how badly you will get kick from the first to 3rd :eek:nhorse:
Patient and regular updates matters the most

HostaPolis

It depends on what you are using and what your niche is really. I have had a blog post go from not existent on Google to the number one result but that was mainly thanks to Wordpress' dominance on Google.

ajaykumar

build high quality backlinks and do-follow backlinks from high domain authority and page authority sites. if you will not make do-follow backlinks from high da, pa sites , you will not get rank high on google , no-follow link is no use in seo. write articles and share on social media . use all techniques to do seo and not just few techniques . make 40-50 backlinks for a website . do competitor analysis.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.