Describe your past experience in affiliate marketing?

Sam

Best answer
Some of my affiliate marketing efforts were not so good, but some can generate a lot of money for me. The success of affiliate marketing depends on your niche and the product. Whether or not the product matches to your niche.

In the first three years from 2009 when I started content marketing without a budget for advertising my content, it was nothing. No sales. But until the last two years, I started selling little by little, and until now, I can make sales without advertising. But from the content marketing that I have been doing since 2009.

Just a suggestion, if you want to sell something, or joining any affiliate marketing, you need a good and a lot of content that can win the competition in a niche.

douglasltc

My starting point of affiliate marketing is List Building. I do this by building squeeze pages with a free gift offered to anyone who is willing to share with me their email address. Then I send the subscribers through a series of emails. Also I look for launches and prepare emails to my list to try and get them to buy during these launches (normally there are lots of buzz during the launch and also the price is really good during that period). I also have a review site and I would drive my subscribers to that review article and try and get a sale.

This is not the only method. I am sure there are others but the one I describe above is the one that I use currently.

Hope this helps.

Sam

Sam
I think your ideas are very good. What email marketing tool you use? I think such an-email marketing needs a good email-marketing automation tool as if there a lot of subscribers, it would be hard to manage manually.

douglasltc

I think your ideas are very good. What email marketing tool you use? I think such an-email marketing needs a good email-marketing automation tool as if there a lot of subscribers, it would be hard to manage manually.
There are lots to choose from...based on your budget and expectation. I personally uses Aweber but Get Response, Mail Chimp and Sendlane are the other popular ones.

You are right to say that there must be some sort of automation. I guess when you want to basically want to work "alone" you will need to invest in either outsourcing or tools that help you free up your time. Aweber is such a tool that not only helps manage all your email address but you can also prepare follow-up emails ahead of time.

Hope this is helpful.

After finishing reading your thoughts, I get some good ideas, but I have no ideas how to drive traffic to my landing page.
Can you add some ideas?
A short answer to that is that there are plenty of ways out there to drive traffic to your landing pages. There are free and paid traffic. In fact, you can never get FREE traffic because you would need to trade time to get this "FREE" traffic. On the other hand, PAID traffic gets you traffic fast. SoloAds and FaceBook Ads are some of the paid traffic that I use myself. But there are lots of other methods such as Google Ads, Bing Ads, YouTube Ads etc. My advice? Select one (or 2) that you fancy and get good at it.

Some "free" methods will require you to take time to drive traffic back to your landing page. For example find your niche related forum and build your reputation there. In some they will allow you to have a "signature" at the footer of your posting where you are allowed to put your link to the landing page there. If you are in the internet marketing niche, this forum here is a good example. Also Warrior Forum is pretty popular. Same strategy can also be applied to all social media where you can drop in your link once in a while in your posting and interaction there.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

HazelDJ

Whats your experience with affiliate marketing? Can you describe your past experience in affiliate marketing? I want to ask you people that with which method you opted and have been most successful? Please share!
I have started my site linked to a certain affiliate marketing. It is a good experience because the products of ads that were linked were very salable. In addition, the affiliate paid me on time with the amount based on commission. My suggestion for you is to link your site to certain ads which the products they promote are in demand by the people. Surely,you will earn from it.

SOS_Nation

I, personally, have learned to enjoy not always successfully marketing the company I am representing. I know it may sound silly, but it's just the case.
You gotta think, we get to make money from nothing. $0 invested and quite possibly the prospect to make a great deal of income just from advertising a product or service. I love it. I enjoy all the rife that comes with being an affiliate marketer. Glad I pursued this endeavor!

Kakashi2020

Whats your experience with affiliate marketing? Can you describe your past experience in affiliate marketing? I want to ask you people that with which method you opted and have been most successful? Please share!
I've done a lot of affiliate marketing before I started by sharing links and getting paid for every unique visitor that signs up for free registration. Problem was the cashout threshold was high at $40 and I'm getting like $0.01 so if you do the math I'll have to funnel 4000 people to their site to get paid.
Basically most companies who have an affiliate program uses the same strategy, while others just won't credit your sales or recruits so that you won't get paid. You won't be able to track whoever clicks your link, moreover if a person buys from your link. That's the reason why I stopped doing affiliate marketing.

Princety

I got started 2013. made some bucks here and there. But i had to bootstrap my way. I wanna build my list that time. It was the best advice i got, and it still is the best way possible. But due to some personal issues, i got into hiatus. But now Im back, the rules still does not change, there might be innovations i guess. But, affiliate marketing will always be a numbers game. Effort, time and all the resources we have will go a long way if we stick to a plan. Ohh, i committed to a plan for six months, i got the results on the 8th month, thats how long it took me to gain momentum. Im gonna do it all over now, lets see how long its gonna take me.

simonrichard

2 years ago i used to be an affiliate program manager for an electronic company where they sell all kinds of laptop, PC, component parts ...etc it was quite an easy job, not much that i have to do we pay them 3-5% per thing that they sell and they help us boost up our sale very much, some do dropship, some selling on their site. Until one day they decided to stop the program to run another campaign, so I quit the job and go back home selling my LED light as I do right now

John Gomba

I started Affiliate marketing a long time ago, and honestly I'll have to tell you it's not easy to sell products, but along the road i found what was best for me to sell my products.
My advise is you stay consistent and make researches.

Josephhama

For me not so good. I tried it a couple weeks ago but couldn't get any sells due to low traffic. For now i am sourcing out info on how to succeed on this i can't wait to start making my first bucks.

Brill Mindz

I practically started in the beginning which it was a lot easier and more immediate fun. If you made a dollar or a thousand in a day it was exciting. Once I figured out this was real it changed my world.

Another great thing was people who were struggling in the real world could easily make a decent go at it. Now things changed the people who spent way too much on college took over making it harder for people to get in.

Yamada

I am really new at this as I see some others here are as well. I have been trying to learn so much. I have my niche and selected my offers. I have an email autoresponder. I have not set up a business manager in Facebook yet. I know some are having trouble with getting accounts shut down. I am looking into other social media avenues like Pinterest, but am finding that there are such things as cover pages for the boards. Now I am trying to learn how to do those in Canva, but having trouble with designing. Wow there is a lot to learn. I can see why they say to learn one platform and learn it well. It is easy to spread yourself too thin

hipcat

Back in 2007 when I first started affiliate marketing I started with Clickbank, but I was green and made all the typical mistakes newbies make, so it took 6 months to get my first sale. As I learned more I started making micro niche blogs and ranking them in Google. At one point I had blogs in 7 of the top 10 results for my keywords and the sales poured in.

That was back in the good old days and, as someone else already pointed out, it's a LOT harder to succeed at affiliate marketing these days. Google now hates affiliate sites and it's hard to rank for anything these days.

My advice for 2021 is to still SEO your sites in hopes some long tail keywords will rank down the road (in months or even years), but focus your marketing efforts on social media. Create a compelling landing page and feed it to Facebook or Pinterest (buyer traffic!).

Be consistent and you will eventually find success.

EngagementRingsUSA

I have witnessed the ups and downs of affiliate marketing since roughly 2006-2007, when I first started in eCommerce. And even though I recognize the temporary profit potential that once existed in affiliate marketing, my feeling always was that as an affiliate marketing website/blog, you are effectively performing SEO for the seller. In other words, by displaying someone else's products and pointing to someone else's website for the final purchase, you are building something for somebody else as opposed to building for yourself. This is the main reason I never got into affiliate marketing.

Does anyone feel differently?

atanu

I am doing affiliate marketing for the past two years. Starting out can be a lot of hassle to begin with, but having someone to guide you through those rough times can be a lot helpful; Affiliate marketing has its pros and cons to mention a few, which all you have to do is follow the right pattern/way which might seem difficult for some while easy for others but depends on the kind of mentor or guide leading the way.

I started affiliate marketing over 17 years ago. The first biggest mistake I made was in the first 2 and a half years. I did not build my email and I made no money, I ran around posting the companies I was promoting main affiliate links they gave me everywhere I could. That did not work..But I was vowed and determined to make this stuff work. I finally started listening to someone who was sending me emails, because I subscribed to his email list. I had a light bulb "aha" moment, it finally clicked and that is when I started building my email list. I started making money almost immediately. Fast forward to today, and I make my entire living online and have been free for over a decade. I now teach affiliate marketing to others..Now the second biggest mistake was, technology always scared me, and that is why it took me so long to even try and build an email list, but that second mistake was just as bad, because again, technology scared me and I was afraid I could not do it, and that was the fear of building my own website pages and blog.. Once I finally started doing that, is when I hit 6 + figures in a year. Now I can dominate sales leaderboards anytime I want. I no longer let fear control me as it cost me dearly. "The repetition of doing something over and over again is the mother of all skill" So just do it, and get on with it. Learning new skills and becoming a marketing master will pay you handsomely!

Sneakersjmuth

Affiliate marketing is quite a necessary and popular thing to promote your business.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
jyy
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.