Should you force your prospects to acknowledge that they've read your TOS before ordering?

SenseiSteve

I know we've all seen lots of variances in Terms of Service agreements between providers. I wonder if those agreements would carry more weight if there was a checkbox when ordering a dedicated server - where the prospect acknowledged reading and and agreeing to comply with the TOS. Would that affect sales? Would it alleviate any confusion on policies down the line? Pro's and con's?

Rob Whisonant

I don't think it would cause a problem at all. In fact, I don't remember seeing a hosting company that did not have a... I agree to the terms of service checkbox on their order forms.

I see no con's in it at all.

SenseiSteve

I know WHMCS has this by default, but do other panels also include this? And to follow up, even if the box is checked, what percentage of prospects do you suspect actually read the TOS? It seems like every web hosting forum that I participate on has more than their share of threads where resource and billing provisions of a provider's TOS come into question.

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
The reason you see so many complaints is because of one of the following.

1. Buyer does not really read the TOS or does not understand what they read.
2. Host hides account limitations using technical terms or misleading wording because they want to sound like they will give you the moon for $5 a month. AKA marketing to suckers.

hostmeright

TOS is a key part of any hosting business,
Whether the client reads the TOS or not they must accept them before ordering any service with us to be on the safe side

HostaPolis

Having a TOS being from and center not only protects you and your business but it is a way of telling the customers what they are getting and all the fine print in between. I always have it get checked off before completing an order. Does everyone actually read it? I'm sure they don't but I stay protected.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Aby
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.