Webmaster Sun Login
Not a member yet? Sign up

How to find and remove inactive friends?

• HOME
  • FORUMS
  • WHAT'S NEW
  • BLOGS
  • MARKETPLACE
  • ADVERTISING
  • SPECIAL OFFERS
  • WEB HOSTING
  • QUICK MENU
  • REGISTER HERE - Join us for FREE
    Stick this thread
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 25/0
    Thanks

How to find and remove inactive friends?

I have 5000 friends on a Facebook profile and it is the maximum amount that I can add to my friend list, I would to remove inactive friends to add new friends. Is there any app or ways to unfriend inactive Facebook users?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 3/0
    Thanks
    you can log into your Facebook account and click on your profile, you'll see the option 'friends' right below your cover photo, you click on that and you'll see your friend's list with your friend's profile pictures and on the right side you'll see the word 'friends', if you go on that word you'll see some options, the last one is unfriend, you click on it and that person is no longer your friend anymore, do that with all the people you want to remove from your facebook.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks
    You can simply unfriend them on the facebook option. Just go to your friend list. Find the friend option and unfriend those you think that is no longer active to have more space for new friends

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 12/0
    Given: 7/0
    Thanks
    I assume you don't want to go through all of your friends one by one? I don't really know of a good way to find your inactive friends without going through them one by one.

But a quick Google search took me to a Chrome extension called Friend Remover PRO. It seems to have the ability to help you in bulk unfriending your inactive friends. I've never tried it out myself but most of the reviews seems good. Still, try it at your own risk.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 1/0
    Thanks
    There is actually no app that would simply find and delete inactive friends in your Facebook account. If there is I guess famous celebrities and personalities would love to take advantage of that. I also assume that you don't want to go through all your 5,000 friends one by one? Lucky me I only have a few to choose and delete but as for you I guess you have no choice but to go through all of your friends and eventually delete some of the inactive ones for you to accept new friends. That's one big task you have to deal with anyway you've got loads of friends too to recheck and re-evaluate.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 2/1
    Thanks
    Hello there. If you are wanting to unfriend several there are a couple of ways:

Timeline > Friends > to the right of each friend point at the Friends button--in the menu that opens there is an Unfriend link
    OR
    Timeline > Activity Log > in left column click MORE at bottom of filters list--then select 'Friends' filter > click the icon at far right of each friend and the menu that opens has an Unfriend link. Hope it could help you. Goodluck.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 30/0
    Given: 352/0
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vicsylicious View Post
    Hello there. If you are wanting to unfriend several there are a couple of ways:

Timeline > Friends > to the right of each friend point at the Friends button--in the menu that opens there is an Unfriend link
    OR
    Timeline > Activity Log > in left column click MORE at bottom of filters list--then select 'Friends' filter > click the icon at far right of each friend and the menu that opens has an Unfriend link. Hope it could help you. Goodluck.
    This will help remove a friend from the list but it didn't help to remove inactive friends.
    The OP is asking to remove inactive friends and I don't think it has this option on Facebook.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Just simply go to your facebook account, go to your friend list and check all of your friends that are no longer active and click the option beside your friend and you will see there unfriend, click that and you will no longer see that person in your account do the same thing to all of your inactive friends or to all of your friend that you want to delete to your account. I personally do this every 6 months just to check that I'm not adding people that I don't really know.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    I cant seem to find an app or a program to do this, what we can do though is to do it manually. I get it that you're asking for an alternative way since you don't wanna go through all the hassle of checking your friend's list one by one.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    It would use up so much time to unfriend those people whom you don't really know or those that are inactive ones. You will have to go to your friends list and check it one by one, click the option beside your friend and you will see unfriend option, click that and you will no longer see posts from that person or be notified by any actions he or she is doing on Facebook. To avoid over crowding your profile with inactive friends, I recommend you to check your friend list every month, so that it won't take too much of your time. Or the best option I can give you is to create another account and be sure to add friends that you really do know personally.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Thanks
    Unfortunately I don't think there's any convenient way to see the last time someone posted from their account or to unfriend people en masse. You may just have to check individual profiles and determine for yourself who want to unfriend.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    It is just really a hustle to go to your friends lists just to remove the unknown ones. Unfortunately, an app for it has never been created yet. Personally, I used to have less than two thousands friends on facebook. Then there came a time my news feed has become a mess and these people which I never knew at all contributed a lot for me to miss what is going on with my real life friends. So, whenever there is something on my news feed from someone I don't know, i would check if he or she is an anonymous facebook friend. And if he or she is , I would take the last visit to their profile and hit that nasty button called "unfriend".

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Just simply go to your facebook account, go to your friend list and check all of your friends that are no longer active and click the option

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Facebook Buddy Remover Program helps you to find & delete inactive friends in your friends list. Speedy & eliminate all at once or easily unfriend a few.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RufusBrewer View Post
    I have 5000 friends on a Facebook profile and it is the maximum amount that I can add to my friend list, I would to remove inactive friends to add new friends. Is there any app or ways to unfriend inactive Facebook users?
    Have you ever tried Toolkit app?

Newer Threads

1. godmadeus
    KaapoJed
    Replies: 26 | Views: 3336
    Last post by KaapoJed, 06-26-2018, 02:03 PM
  2. Umar Bajwa
    harrygreen90
    Replies: 2 | Views: 2834
    Last post by harrygreen90, 06-01-2017, 02:45 AM
  3. premiumproxies
    Should I use Fiver SEO?