Long tail or short keywords are best for website?

Naksh

i read in some where that with long tail keywords we can rank better than shot keywords as there will be heavy competition for short keywords.....

but if i search for long tail keywords for search quantity it is very low. so how to use it or which is best.

eg:

for "used cars" competition is very high...so i used long keywords like "find used best price cars" is it correct will the relevant user will come . if i search for this long tail keyword seacrh quantity it is very low.

so how to make the long keyword

i think i am not confusing
Instead of specifically concentrating on short or long tail, you can target both! They will ultimately work for you and targeting them in your content will surely yield results.

jackychen

jackychen
Doing so is against the seo.
Focus on the main keyword that your site is targeting.Both sub-keywords are related to the primary keyword.
Focus on the content, instead of the main keyword. Make good content. It will help you more

Salmaan

Use location with the keyword to make a long keyword + competition for local will be low as compared to Global..

digember

Obviously long tail keywords help you to rank easily and with long tail keywords you are also targeting short keywords too. As you mentioned used cars have a high volume. You can use long tail keywords like used cars in usa, used cars in canada, used cars for cheap price, best used cars for rent, etc. Just go for that keyword that have low competition and higher volume.

Earleen Brown

Both long tail and short keywords are important. Try to use all the parameters like proximity, prominence, LSI, stemming to get the best out from your content.

JanviArora

I would suggest to use long tail keywords to start with your SEO campaign so that you can rank for those search terms in short time. Also work on Short LSI keywords to get more exposure from those keywords after some period. Keep in mind that more the generic keyword, more the junk traffic that can result in higher bounce rate which is not good in terms of SEO. Keeping the combination of both would be beneficial.

KaapoJed

Keywords can also be defined in two cases like beneficiary and competitive. There are some possibilities for different-different keywords to rank in search engine. The short-tail keywords will face more competition in search engine and it will be harder for them to rank, Long-tail keywords are more likely to face less competition in search engine.

For example:- If your business website is selling mobile phone cases so you’ll have to search customer’s queries matching cases.

Short-tail keywords like “cases” will face more competition. As there would be more search frequency for them.

Long-tail keywords like “iphone mobile protective cases online” will face less competition. As search frequency will be low for them.

So it depends what campaign or strategy you're about to follow. Do what is needful for your site.

vitomonC

i read in some where that with long tail keywords we can rank better than shot keywords as there will be heavy competition for short keywords.....

but if i search for long tail keywords for search quantity it is very low. so how to use it or which is best.

eg:

for "used cars" competition is very high...so i used long keywords like "find used best price cars" is it correct will the relevant user will come . if i search for this long tail keyword seacrh quantity it is very low.

so how to make the long keyword

i think i am not confusing
Long-tail keywords have become essential in the world of SEO. These highly specific phrases may have lower search volumes individually, but their collective impact is significant. By incorporating long-tail keywords for seo into your content strategy, you can attract targeted traffic and improve your website's visibility in search engine results. These keywords allow you to connect with users who are actively seeking exactly what you offer, resulting in higher conversion rates. Furthermore, long-tail keywords provide insights into user intent, helping you stay relevant and address evolving customer demands. Embracing long-tail keywords is a powerful way to boost your SEO efforts and reach the right audience. To know how you can use long-tail keywords for higher conversions.

Daniel@30

Both long-tail and short keywords have their advantages. Short keywords generally have higher search volumes but also more competition, making it challenging to rank. Long-tail keywords, on the other hand, have lower search volumes but are more specific, resulting in less competition and better chances of ranking higher.

For most websites, a combination of both short and long-tail keywords is recommended to target a broader audience while also capturing more specific and potentially higher-converting searches.

weseo

Hello, choosing long tail keywords is easier because there is less competition and it is the best way to earn qualified traffic. But how do you rank?
To rank for the 1st place you will have to link your long tail keyword page with some blog pages in the same topic. The tips is to create 8 or 10 blog pages that talks about your long tail keywords and vary the anchors so as to get more qualified trafic. Making peripheral pages linked to your money pages will help you to get the first page of the SERPS . With this tips you can focus on many variations of your long tail keywords and get more trafic than if you choose to rank on high search volume keywords.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
You are correct that long-tail keywords can be less competitive than short keywords, making it easier to rank for them. However, the trade-off is that long-tail keywords often have lower search volumes. To use long-tail keywords effectively, focus on targeting specific user intent and providing valuable content that caters to that niche audience. While the search volume might be lower, the users who do find your content through long-tail keywords are more likely to be relevant and interested in what you offer. It's essential to strike a balance between short and long-tail keywords in your content strategy to attract a broader audience while still capturing specific niches.

When using long-tail keywords, aim to be more descriptive and specific in addressing user needs. Consider phrases that potential customers might use when looking for your products or services. While the search volumes may not be as high as with short keywords, long-tail keywords can drive targeted traffic and lead to higher conversion rates. Remember that optimizing for long-tail keywords is not just about ranking high on search engines but also about providing valuable and relevant content to your audience. Conduct keyword research to find a mix of both short and long-tail keywords that align with your business objectives and user intent, allowing you to reach a wider audience while still capturing niche segments.

Leapswitch

To reduce competition, I will favour long tail keywords over short ones. Some short keywords receive a lot of traffic, and your website will face fierce competition from competitor websites. Therefore, using long tail keywords to improve your SERP rankings is a good idea. However, how you use keywords totally depends on your website's content.

bijutoha

Long-tail and short-tail keywords have benefits and drawbacks, so the best approach is to combine both.

Yes, using long keywords like "find used best price cars" is correct if you are trying to target a specific audience. The search quantity for this keyword is low, but that doesn't mean there aren't relevant users searching for it. These users are more likely to be interested in your website because they are already looking for something specific.

harrygreen90

I am getting big benefits from short keywords, they are high competition but when you ranked them high on search engines, you will see more differences :)

aanyajack

Though long keywords has the less search and competitors but if you use long keywords then it also covers the short keywords which makes easier to your website come up. And google also recommend the long keywords to use within the content.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.