Nokia Android Phones, Yes or No?

mhands41

With the recent reincarnation of Nokia with its Android Editions 2017, how does it fared to the Market against the Smart/Android phone Giants?

Are you the sentimental cellphone-user kind that would prefer to rekindle the early Nokia days or the ones who can't resist the hype of Apple's Iphone?

nolimanalo20

Back in the days, Nokia was the brand of choice when it comes to purchasing phones. They produce top quality phones. They were the Apple of the 90's. With its reincarnation, Nokia I think is still a reliable brand but it doesn't capture the market compared to Apple and Samsung. Maybe the lack of trendy design and a proper name for its models. But still a great phone. It's just not as trendy as they used to be.

AskMeAnytime

Hello mhands41, to answer your question, we must first compare nokia and iphone.

Nokia runs on android, while apple's iphone runs on IOS. You must first choose what kind of OS you want to use or what OS suits you the best, for me I personally like android system, because you can easily transfer files, root your system, and most of android's accessories are cheaper than an Iphone's accessory.

Nokia is built to last. Which means it is durable, you can even see in several tests videos that Nokia's new phone is more durable than an Iphone. So when it comes to battle of durability, the Nokia phone wins.

But for Apple, the design and performance is what that matters. Iphone's sleek design makes it so comfortable to use and everytime a new model of Iphone is released, new features of the system is introduced. This is where Iphone capture's its buyers and investors. Its the same as Samsung. So in terms of design and performance, Iphone and Samsung really wins.

So looking to the features of both the phones, we can conclude that:
If a buyer wants durability, he/she can choose a Nokia phone.
But if a buyer wants good design and excellent performance, I would really recommend either Iphone or Samsung. They both compete in design and performance.

What's really good about Nokia is that they still have the durability that every people like about the past nokia phones such as Nokia 3310. It is so durable that memes are created saying that you can even destroy a toilet with a Nokia 3310 phone without even destroying the phone.
I hope I have helped you in your question.
-AskMeAnytime

Nancy G

NOKIA used to be lording the market during its heyday during the '90s. With such huge following, I am not surprised if previous users will welcome and will be curious to check out its new Android phones. NOKIA is known for its durability and design but other than that, users will compare its other features like performance, camera, battery, price against top brands like IPHONE and SAMSUNG. Unless there are any outstanding features present, NOKIA's will just be a runner-up of these two major brands.

Alshane

I guess I'll answer NO for nokia. Nowadays, there's a lot of branded quality phones that we can buy on different stores. Samsung and iphone phones for example. These two companies are doing their best to promote their new highly and improved technology phones. Comparing to Nokia which is an old brand that was once a mainstream for everyone. It was one of the first high end phone back then when phone was just newly introduced to people. And I can say that it really amaze and entertain us especially the famous game "snake". I remember having a 3310 (jurassic) phone which has a really good quality because the life of that phone is very long. However, our technology doesn't stop there. Every now and then, it keeps on improving and nokia android phone is not leading compare to other branded phones.

novice143

Nokia's comeback made a huge hype announcing its switch to android OS but sad to say they weren't able to meet the expectation since the people expected too high about the device and the PRICE. Yes Nokia were able to produce good devices but not yet a game changer devices. Hopefully they will consider an interesting and useful innovation and focus on flagship killer like oneplus just to be a strong contender in the market. But for now I think a lot of people in the hype of iPhone are still not yet convince in switching to Nokia, maybe on other android device but not on Nokia's.

szerjhex18

Nokia for me before is a good quality phone with a very high standard and durablity, and it's a trusted brand even though they release new model after the another it's still sold in a very fair price. For me i have no bad experience using nokia . And now they are back in market i am so glad because i feel like the old days but with the touch of a new generation of phone. I am still trusting the phone. I just wish they can maintain now there new phone nokia android in the market because i am looking forward on what will gonna do next, and how far they can go competing on other smart phone now.

Setari

Looking at the Nokia smart phones, they look pretty well off though I'm sure not as indestructible as their other particular flip-phone counterparts. I am glad to see they have partnered with Android for their operating system as well, instead of creating their own.

HazelDJ

With the recent reincarnation of Nokia with its Android Editions 2017, how does it fared to the Market against the Smart/Android phone Giants?

Are you the sentimental cellphone-user kind that would prefer to rekindle the early Nokia days or the ones who can't resist the hype of Apple's Iphone?
Couple of years ago, Nokia was so very popular in our place. There were other cellphones available on the market but nothing could beat Nokia. What I liked most of Nokia was the music express feature. However, when android cellphones came out to the market, I observed that Nokia phones were defeated. I still bought the Nokia Lumia model in windows OS but still some applications available in android phones are not applicable in Lumia. I am quite amazed upon knowing that Nokia will be in android editions nowadays. Well, let us see what will be the comments of some people before I buy.

trendjing

I once owned a Nokia phone back then when it is the only brand that stands out. Until the time came when smartphones rose and got the chance to have one. It took a while for Nokia to reinvent and embrace the concept of smartphones. I guess, I'll have to stick to the phone that I have now, because I'm used to the features of it. I was thinking, if ever I will give Nokia the chance, I will go back to basic of a first-timer user, figuring out how to use it.

CookieRunner

Before the Cellphone trend made huge on the market. Nokia was the trusted brand when it was still rising up. I started to own a 3210 and 3310 back then and Snake was the trendiest game. Haha! Those were the days. Durability wise-Nokia was also the real thing. But when we talk about now. I think Nokia cannot compete with the iPhones and with Samsung. They have so much to offer compared to Nokia nowadays.

Kakashi2020

I can still remember when Nokia was the best and the largest celphone manufacturer outside the U.S.

Began using Nokia phones right after college, i can still remember my past Nokia phone models like 1610, 2310, 5110, 5150, 3210, 3310, 9000, 8210, 7210, 8250 I had all of these models before. Why so many? It's because during those days people buy and swap phones a lot.

I was shocked to found out that Nokia was bought by another company I think it was Erricson who bought it and then it was sold to Microsoft. Microsoft's intention was to launch its Operating System named Symbian using Nokia Phones well it flopped along with the Nokia Lumia series. Then if I remember correctly, yes I read a lot, under Microsoft, Nokia bought Alcatel and then Microsoft sold Nokia to IPhone, and iPhone sold half of the company back to the workers of Nokia.

The way I see it iPhone will be the Manufacturer and the Workers who formed another company would handle the worldwide distribution and marketing.

Will Nokia regain its former glory?
My answer is a big NO !
Nokia is DEAD ! Unless the original workers of Nokia gets to control the company and makes their own Nokia Phones.

Vinsanity

I always feel nostalgic whenever I remember those days when I was playing Bounce, Space Impact, Snake and Memory in the Early 21st century. Way back in 2005 to 2009, I used to have Nokia 6070. Now in 2018, whenever I see someone using an old Nokia phone and hear its original ringtones, I feel as if I were sent back to the past when everything was simple, the time when my life was not that stressful and when simple things already make you happy.
Nokia may find it hard to enter today's consumer electronics competition for the way the phones being programmed nowadays are too complicated. The programmers and engineers in this field are too experienced for Nokia to hire new ones, unless they can recruit experienced manpower.
However, for me, I would still say yes for Nokia. Nokia has that great credibility in making phones that are durable and excellent phone ergonomics. I believe that if these features are incorporated with a Nokia Android phone, they would still at least have a comeback and compete with other minor consumer electronics brands.

evejoy38

Nokia used to be the only option for me back in the day, but because for so long they haven't been in the market anymore I got used to Iphone now and don't really think I would go back to Nokia any time soon. I heard it's quite good though

jennyfermanuel

I tried to purchase nokia android phone last year, but they had a difficulty opening it. It takes time, and it didn't even open. They tried connecting it to a charger cable assuming it's just low in battery, still it is taking time opening. I hesitated and didn't purchase the product.
Before, wayback 90's, I think nokia is on top list of mobile phones. But now, I think they need to develop it more so it can compete or even just with the top android and smart phones nowadays.

Nina7788

As I remember, Nokia was one of the last companies that started creating phones on Android. Personally I don't think Nokia phones are better than others.

JoyFreak

I just hope they are as robust as they were back then. I am actually looking forward to it and hoping it is up there with the iPhone and Samsung range!

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads