What is the difference between these two PHP versions?

wurk

Hey all - quick question about PHP Versions. I'm wanting to upgrade my Wordpress PHP version to the latest - but not sure what the difference is between 'PHP 7.2 (alt-php72)' vs 'PHP 7.2 (ea-php72)'?

I changed the PHP version to PHP 7.2 (alt-php72) as a test, and I got a 501 error, then changed it to PHP 7.2 (ea-php72) and it's working fine. Assuming that the PHP 7.2 (ea-php72) is the version I should be using, right?

Sean78Black

I changed the PHP version to PHP 7.2 (alt-php72) as a test, and I got a 501 error, then changed it to PHP 7.2 (ea-php72) and it's working fine. Assuming that the PHP 7.2 (ea-php72) is the version I should be using, right?
For sure, it is the way to test and see which PHP work best for your website. In this case then PHP 7.2 (ea-php72) is your choice.
Don't forget to check server and error logs files and see when you moved to a PHP version. You can see if there are errors there or not. You can choose a PHP version that giving your less errors and making your website run fine.

robert4u

If you are using cloudlinux then use alt-php versions as they are released by cloudlinux.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
ReH
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Latest Blog ArticlesMost Viewed Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.