How many hashtag do you use?

nacyreyes

Hey all, I feel confused about that how many hashtag do I use in Twitter or Instagram to get effective result?

stephenrobes

I think related and relevant hashtag are powerful for social media. If it's will related that 5-15 is enough for you.

Rob Whisonant

It's not the number of hashtags. It's the relevance of them. Also, if your hashtags are longer than your message it makes you look like an idiot. :)

Goyum

I did not count when posting on both channels, but when I found on hotsuites "You can include up to 30 hashtags on a regular post, and up to 10 hashtags on a Story. If you try and use more, your comment or caption won't post"

Pamela12

Using relevant hashtag is good for getting more traffic. Without using them effectively, you can't make a good result.
I think 10 to 15 is the best amount.

juliaann

There is no limit in most of the social media to use hashtag but some social media just allow to use a limited hashtag for example Twitter.

Giang Dang

I think you can add as many hashtags as you want, the ideas for keywords would decide how many hashtag you should use. If your content related to many keywords, just add them all by hashtags.

paritosh

If you are using Twitter mostly for your marketing then I prefer to use maximum two hastags for posting. When you use more than Two hastags it will directly effect your posts engagement and it drops.

MarkMiller

There's no specific numbers about this, that you can use "X" numbers of hashtag & so, the relevancy of hashtag is the only thing you need to look forward, the more relevant & popular hashtag you got, the more organic visibility you can get for your posts.

tanikacampos

Hey all, I feel confused about that how many hashtag do I use in Twitter or Instagram to get effective result?
It's totally depends on you. But I think related hashtag is more powerful than others. Related 2-4 for twitter and 10-12 for Instagram are better.

ireneg

Always go to your related hashtag as well as Twitter 2-5, Instagram about 10.

Patrick_Kane

I put about 10 hashtags to each post and it really helps. But quality matters, not quantity. 1 good hashtag potentially gives you more than 10 bad ones.

odysseus

For Twitter, anything more than 5 has adverse effects. I think they have even officially said so, though I'm not sure.

For Instagram, my impression is that the more you use the better engagement you get. Using the maxium amount of hashtags allowed in a post seems to be the optimal number, which is 30. Some people even comment on their own posts with another set of 30 hashtags, but I haven't played around with this yet so I can't say what the effects are.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.