Can forum signature link hurt your keyword ranking on Google?

niamul21

Hello guys,
Some of my SEO friends say forum signature links hurt your website ranking, Is it true??
I do not think so, basically, it has a good impact on your search ranking.

AidanSEO

I would say no, they are mostly beneficial.
However, if the forum you have the signature on has no relation to your website then the benefit you get from it would decrease.

bavya

No, Forum signature link will not hurt keyword ranking.

marketerrakib

Hello guys,
Some of my SEO friends say forum signature links hurt your website ranking, Is it true??
A big "No" to your question. If you are able to interact properly with the niche-based forum sites, it will benefit you a lot. Sometimes around there just visit the forum sites only for creating the links, which is totally a wrong way. Well, you should try to solve the problems of others and yours. Then the backlink you will get will be really impressive!

Long story short, adding a forum signature won't really hurt your SEO if practised properly.

vishwa

Most of the Forum Signature links are nofollow. Hence, it won't pass the link juice and there is no issue with it. However, It is a good source of referral traffic.

Reactions: hipcat

hipcat

hipcat
"It is a good source of referral traffic."

Too many newbie internet marketers miss that important point. They get so wrapped up in wanting backlinks to please the Google algorithm that they forget WHY they are trying to rank in Google in the first place...for TRAFFIC.

If you have a link from a highly relevant forum to your site, then it doesn't matter if it's nofollow, as the referral traffic you will get is the same high quality traffic you would get by ranking in Google the hard way.

So many marketers miss that, as this thread shows, and it's why as a moderator on several forums, I see so much spam from users thinking it helps, when it doesn't.

If your site sells homemade dog treats, then instead of worrying about whether your links on dog forums are dofollow so you can rank higher in Google to gain visitors who want to buy dog treats, you should, instead, notice that your target market is already right in front of you on the dog forums ready to buy through your links. Just tell them you have what they want!

It's the same as misguided people who write "Find Us On Facebook!" on the side of their work van instead of just giving a simple site link to their services. Why should anyone go to Facebook, only to hunt for your company info just to find what you could have given them in the first place??

Sorry, but that one always annoys me....lol

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.