Is it a good idea to advertise handmade jewelry site on Facebook?

copperman

I make jewelry and have a website. I tried it a couple of times to advertise my website on Facebook. It did not work well. I am not experienced maybe I did something wrong or maybe Facebook is not the right place for my jewelry. What would you advise that I should try?

WebmasterPhil

Have you tried Etsy? It's a well-known marketplace for selling handmade crafts and stuff.

Concerning Facebook, yes it's a great way to promote and/or sell your products on it. But first, did you setup a fan page for your business. If not, that's the first thing that needs to be done. The thing about Facebook and other social media websites is that people don't go in there specifically to buy products or services, they go there to hang out with their friends and yap. But if you create a dedicated fan page about jewelry and educating the public about them, you might draw some fans in, then once you become an authority in this field, and therefore, more trustworthy, there will be a good chance that some of the fans will convert to customers.

To get the fans in, you can advertise on facebooks. That's a good first step to draw some fans in. If they like your fan page and products, they might recommend your page to their friends, and so forth.

copperman

Hi Phil,
It all makes sense. It is very true about Facebook. Like everything else about SEO, it is a long term work having fans and becoming an authority.
I appreciate the information.
Thank you.

WebmasterPhil

Have you tried Etsy though? What about Pinterest.

Majority of the people on Pinterest I believe are females, and if they're your targeted audience, that'll be a good place to promote your jewelry.

ethelglover

I make jewelry and have a website. I tried it a couple of times to advertise my website on Facebook. It did not work well. I am not experienced maybe I did something wrong or maybe Facebook is not the right place for my jewelry. What would you advise that I should try?
Besides Facebook, you have to try Instagram and Pinterest also. Hopefully, you will be successful soon.

MeetWagon

Of course, this is very good. This will help you find new customers. I also recommend using instagram and Etsy.

lucaswilliam123

It all makes sense. It is very true about Facebook. Like everything else about SEO, it is a long term work having fans and becoming an authority.
I appreciate the information.
Thank you.

hannah0205

Yes, its is a good idea. You can. But moreover i will suggest to advertise on Instagram as well. As it's a emerging platform and a good platform to advertise such stuff. Post beautiful pictures wich great captions and you are good to go.

sana.shah1101

This is always the most effective and easiest way to target right audience. You should be advertising your jewelry on all social media sites.

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.