Which is More Important Domain Authority or Alexa Page Rank?

copperman

If you are trying to get a link from a website Which is More Important Domain Authority or Alexa Page Rank according to Google.

Rob Whisonant

It's actually the "quality" of your content. Domain authority, alexa rank, etc are all old school stuff that is not important anymore.

You can actually rank in the top listings on google with JUST highly relevant quality content and just a few high quality backlinks. Sometimes even NO backlinks.

Concentrate on high quality content and your internal linking structure so the search engines can figure out the topics of your website.

copperman

Hi Rob,
Thank you. I appreciate the information. My website is 14 years old but not doing as well as it should. I concentrate on getting links as you would say old school SEO. My wife and I try to write blogs. I do not know what else we can do to improve our website. We tried some SEO companies. They were after the money and did not do much. Would you mind taking a look at our website to recommend what we do to improve?
Thank you.

Brill Mindz

Domain Authority is a third party metric and one should not rely just on domain authority when evaluating the domain’s worth or authority in SE’s. I’ve seen so many good DA domains ranking nowhere.

Coming to the point, How to Increase domain authority:

Build Relevant Backlinks - Moz also works around relevancy, If you are getting 100 backlinks from totally irrelevant websites and 20 from highly relevant websites, both will affect same. (Not accurate numbers though, just to make you understand)
Build high DA backlinks - Backlinks with relevancy and high domain authority will pass authority to your domain and hence your domain authority will be increased
Get backlinks from Google news approved websites - Google News approved websites are very trusted in eyes of Google and hence other tools value it.

Hope it helps.

copperman

Great information. Thank you very much.
Alexa shows the amount of traffic that the website gets. Is this correct?
I have seen high DA sites with not so good Alexa rank. That means fewer people visiting the site. So which one is more important? Sites get more people visiting or high DA but fewer visitors?

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
Alexa only sees people visiting a site that have their tracking devices installed. So, the numbers they give you are nothing but a wild guess. You can easily inflate alexa numbers to be what ever you want for your site.

vishwa

People these days focus more on Domain Authority, DR, etc. Alexa ranking has little value these days. However, these are metrics provided by third-party vendors and merely showing a reference of data to know how your website performs in search engines.

mrjonathanjones

Continue to focus on improving your website. The key is not to worry about those metrics generally speaking, but you'll want to identify what your competitors are doing to succeed, and try something else/better.

Domain Authority, like others have said, is just a third party metric from Moz - so not something Google are using. However, it tries to replicate PageRank, a factor Google does use, which means that DA is definitely not a like for like metric with PageRank as that formula is secret and is compounded with over 200+ other factors.

DA is good to use ONLY for the purpose of determining the qualitative nature of a website based on its link graph, and whether a link from a particular might be useful, but you'll want to focus on websites that actually have relevance to your actual website.

Gh0st4unt3r

I do agree with the above Alex is not as accurate with data as it only takes a rough guide on your visitors which was mentioned above, if you focus on the content and linking structure will be the best approach as Rob Whisonant has mentioned,

I was myself at 1 point thinking Alexa was good but after research and checking my own stats did not add up correctly with my actual reports of traffic, which proved to me i shouldn't really focus on Alexa and more other things such as DA, Content and linking structures, backlinking, and social communications.

stephenrobes

If you are trying to get a link from a website Which is More Important Domain Authority or Alexa Page Rank according to Google.
Domain authority is a Moz metrics, not google metrics. It's more important than page rank and measures by link.

willsonrobin

I personally would not much worry about any of them as long as I'm serving informative content to the users.

Fabiola

I suggest to use other tools because they are not that precise and you can't base your actions on those results anymore

Nizam18

Alexa Rank provides a list of websites in order from most popular to least.
That means a website with a Domain Authority of 50 is not ten points greater than a website of 40, but significantly greater.

Jackleo7878

DA is a Moz metric that is used to approximate Google Page Rank. If properly used it can help you make decision to improve your rankings on Google. Alexa page rank is also a third party metric which is used to approximate Google Page Rank. It also uses the Alexa tool bar to gauge popularity, but only Alexa users use the tool bar which then give you the Alexa Page Rank.

Bottom link, I don’t use either of them. Moz is too expansive to use for information I can already get from Rank Tracker free of charge. Alexa is biased because of toolbar usage. For the sake of argument if I had to choose which one is better, it would be Moz. Notice I did not say more important. If I had to make a recommendation as to what to use it would be Seo Powersuite.

JohnWeb

More Domain Authority would give that link more SEO power to that link, if it dofollow link.

Marshbz

Alexa Rank gives a rundown of sites altogether from generally famous to least used to estimated by assessed traffic. Domain Authority is Good But Relevant Links Are Even Better

John-S

DA is more well known, more trusted and more clients know about it. Its popularity improves - as such a large number of customers need a high DA link, they couldn't care less about Alexa rank. That doesn't improve it however.

Best answer
While both these aspects weigh websites as a whole, the differences stop there. Alexa Rank offers a list of sites, which are most popular to the least popular based on the estimated traffic. Whereas Domain Authority weighs a website by links that means the site with the most and top quality links will get a high Domain Authority.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.