Forum Etiquette

Rob Whisonant

I have noticed on this form and others that many new members are not getting the most from the forums or are basically being ignored. Here are some tips on proper etiquette new members can use to have a higher chance of existing members helping them.

1. Don't ask blanket questions like how can I promote my site? Make sure your question is specific and contains all the details needed to provoke an actual useful response. For example, I am having trouble with my email marketing. My response rate is extremely low at about 1%, here is the email I am sending. Can anyone suggest changes that may help to get my response rate up?

2. When you do start a thread, make sure you monitor it. If someone asks you a question, answer it quickly. Don't just wait to see if someone is going to pass you the big red easy button on a silver platter.

3. Do not spam the forums. You will get banned fast. Yes we can spot people trying to disguise spam as help. If you are just here to spam, you are not welcome. If you are here to help others, get help and join in with a community, you are more than welcome here.

4. If you have knowledge in an area, don't be afraid to try to help someone just because you are new here.

5. Use a picture of you as an avatar. Not one that you downloaded from the web. It's easy to tell the fake images. Also, use your real name and not your business name. This is a community of people. Others like to buy from individuals they can get to know, like and trust. Not cold companies.

6. DO not make posts like, I agree, thank you for posting, etc. These posts get deleted as non productive. Use the thanks button or the thumbs up button for that.

Hope this helps new members and some old ones. I see the lurkers. Come join in the fun!

Re's
Rob Whisonant

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies