Detect email spams on your server?

Marc van Leeuwen

Is there a way to detect email spams on your server like where did it send from? or which website did it send from?...ect. Normally I used to get this notice from my hosting provider but I wanted to get them directly from my web hosting server. Is that possible?

shiju

The spamming is 2 types one is outgoing mail spamming, another is incoming mail spamming. Outgoing maybe with the PHP scripts or any other kinds, which causes the compromised root directory of your domain. The second one will be compromising the mail id and password.

So both these spams are finding with the mail logs. We are using Exim mail logs for identifying the spammers. So if you have VPS or control over direct root access you can have those details. Otherwise, you should contact the hosting provider.

Normal users can not identify the emails are sending via the PHP mail function.

Please check for the Exim mail spam-check tutorials if required.

Reactions: Marc van Leeuwen

Marc van Leeuwen

Marc van Leeuwen
So both these spams are finding with the mail logs. We are using Exim mail logs for identifying the spammers. So if you have VPS or control over direct root access you can have those details. Otherwise, you should contact the hosting provider.
Sure but I am wording why they can know my server is being spammed or not. Or email me that my server is sending spams or not. I am wanting to know which tools they used on their server to know that.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views