Is Wordpress good for ecommerce?

Brackwom

WordPress is OK for blogging & informational sites, but if you're building an eCommerce site, it's not the best choice.
WordPress isn't really designed to handle eCommerce. It can be a little difficult to get set up with payment processing in order to actually sell things at a certain level you need dedicated expertise to do things using WordPress & it is also not secure.

jennvasu

WordPress is pretty ok, but it depends on the kind of business you own

Dopani

I think YES, I am using WordPress with woocommerce for over 30 websites, they run pretty good and easy to control everything on a woocommerce site.

Daniel@30

WordPress is a solid eCommerce platform when used in conjunction with eCommerce plugins and themes.

WooCommerce, a well-known eCommerce plugin, offers a variety of features including product management, payment integration, shipping choices, and tax calculation.

WordPress also provides e-commerce-ready themes with features like product catalogue layouts, online shopping carts, and simple checkout processes.

For small to medium-sized eCommerce websites that need a customizable, user-friendly, and economical solution, WordPress can be a viable option.

WordPress is a flexible eCommerce platform that can be effective with the correct plugins and themes.

Gunnarbakkene

Wordpress could be good for startup. however, it has got limited features and usage, so as business starts growing you need to upgrade.

Krospix

I switched from WordPress to Magento because this CMS is more suitable for conducting online commerce. this is from my own experience. In my opinion, WordPress is more suitable for blogging.

weseo

Yes, Wordpress is the best. But If you want to give the best user experience, I would advice to choose a dedicated Woocommerce Template like Flatsome or Porto.

It is also important you choose the good template !

NutriProfits

I prefer WordPress because of its ease of use. You can easily build a blog or pre/landing page on WordPress.

profitnest

WooCommerce is great and seems to improve each year. In 2024, WP is better for ecommerce than it was when this thread was started. If you're comfortable with WordPress already, then even better! Plugins and support make it a great CMS for blogging, ecommerce, and almost every other website need.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies