Seeking Advice On My Email List

hipcat

I own a site with 43000 members that grew faster than expected and now I'm not sure what to do with the email list. There are a few difficulties I am having, as explained below.

First, I'm a builder, not a marketer. I absolutely HATE marketing and I suck at email marketing especially. I love building, helping, discussing, but not flogging a program or trying to get people to join something I know is crap. I see a lot of shitty affiliate programs full of hype and I avoid those like the plague they are.

Having said that, a big part of making money online involves marketing, unfortunately for me, so I need to utilize the advantages I have...in this case a list of 40000+ emails from members looking for online opportunities, as that is the niche. Most marketers would see that as a cash cow, whereas I just see it as a headache...lol

When I first started the site and it only had a few hundred members it was easy to just send out a newsletter, but now the list is a monster too large for small scale marketing and too expensive to be cost effective sending through a large service. I've been quoted an average cost of $200+ per message!

So, what do I do to fully utilize this list situation? Any advice or recommendation is appreciated, or if you are an email marketing wizard yourself then feel free to hit me up and maybe we can work out something where you handle it for me in exchange for use of the list yourself. It could be a lucrative opportunity for the right person! :)

Enjoy your day!

Rob Whisonant

I can vision a no marketing marketing approach. Let me explain. I would setup a blog that talks about different online opportunities. Each article would talk about the benefits and pitfalls of an opportunity. Be brutally honest. Now sell ad space on the articles or put something similar to adsense on the pages. Then each time you add an article, send out an email with a link to the article. This way you don't have to hype the opportunities just to try to get an affiliate commission. Should also generate a lot less spam complaints.

MacMediaPro

Best answer
Hey HipCat, If you have a list of 40k+ emails, you should be sending out emails to these people to pull revenue from them. Do you have a Welcome Series running introducing people and letting them know what to expect?

It can be quick to get this set up for you and create some other flows running in the background to bring in some passive revenue.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.