Best Tips For Saving Money

Dopani

Don't spend into anything if you don't really need.

mishaladem8

Apply the 50/30/20 rule in your life, it is an easy budgeting method that can help you to manage your money effectively,
simply and sustainably. The basic rule of thumb is to divide your monthly income into three spending categories:
50% for needs, 30% for wants and 20% for savings.

RenderedElite

I can't save money to save my life. I like to buy things I like, things I want, not things I need.

It all changed when I started investing my money, as I can't stand just having the money sit in an account without any significant growth. For me, its buying into dividend stocks and crypto. I remember hearing Kevin O Leary say his dollars are like soldiers that he sends off to go capture more -- or something similar I don't know the exact quote. This stuck with me though, and it paid off well last year. This years is different, but I'm accumulating more stock and crypto for when the market comes back. It will come back. And my net worth will thank me for it later.

But if I just stashed my money away in a savings account... well, I wouldn't, because that's effing boring and I would spend it. We are all different, but we must all find a way that works for us to level up in life, that's my tip. Find out what motivates you. I liked buying things, so I bought stock related to things I liked. I invested in cryptocurrencies that I believed would grow (fast at that). I also got other people doing the same thing and we even compete for who can invest the most (same job so similar pay lol).

It worked so well that when everything crashed this year, I didn't think about pulling my money out once, I've been investing even more!

If you want to save, you will save. If you don't, then trick yourself into getting the same result by saving in a different way that works for you. Even though I technically invest only, I still feel like that's a form of saving, as if I spent it on eating out every night or buying useless things - the money would be gone. Even if my money goes down, I add to it, because it will go back up and I don't lose money until I pull it out of the stock or crypto.

Harry9Fool

you could set a crazy objective like buying a yacht but from your monthly salary put away 25% or even 50 % for that yacht and in a few years you may have a great sum of money

idontwanna

1. Shop around for the best deals – Compare prices online and in stores before you buy anything.
2. Get creative with your cooking – Try making meals from scratch instead of buying pre-packaged foods.
3. Bring your own lunch to work – This can save you a lot of money over time.
4. Brown bag it instead of eating out – Eating out is expensive and often not very healthy.
5. Use a cash-back credit card – These cards give you a percentage back on all your purchases, which can add up to big savings over time.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views