Cost of Professional writer?

Upvote Market

I would like to start working as a writer.
What should my wage range be?
Please advise as I am new to this field.

Traffic

Between the cost of the tools you use and the end user. End user pay rate determines the market. You can see what people charge by visiting content providers web sites. Often these sites have other incentives to use services eg marketing tools, turnkey web sites ai etc to package along with services. I would suggest marketplaces like Fiverr starting without other resources.

sami_001

Its not fixed some writers are expensive some are not, If you are new in the field i suggest you to start with minimum deliver quality work. When you make your name in the field you can increase your charges

Farris

Start with the least amount you are willing to accept and rise when ever you feel like you deserve more.
This is a good strategy and works on all fields. You don't want to be charging a lot when you first start. You must master your craft then ask for more money.
On Fiverr you can start by writing 500 words for $5 and when you get good reviews you can increase your price.

herry

The cost of a professional writer varies widely based on factors such as expertise, project complexity, and industry. On average, freelance writers may charge anywhere from $0.05 to $0.50 per word, while experienced content creators or specialized writers may command higher rates.

hipcat

In general you can charge more over time as your skills improve, but it also will depend on the client's needs, as some clients don't really care about the quality of writing and just want a quick article on the cheap, while others are willing to pay a premium for a well-written article.

As a writer myself I've catered to a wide range of needs over the past 20 years, from writing a simple PR all the way to a real estate listing for a $10,000,000 castle in Croatia and a massive job writing 130 wine summaries for an online store.

The main thing is to become good at your craft. Don't become a writer if you don't like writing, just because it's a thing you could do. Someone on a microjob site approached me recently with an offer to write, but their introduction was so full of mistakes it was painful for me to read, so I told them to maybe try doing graphic design instead. Not everyone is cut out to be a writer just because they can put words together in a sentence.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.