How to design a successful website ?

zjroland

How to build a successful website? If you are looking for the solutions on the internet, you will find many suggestions from the experts, such as "11 Steps to Create a Successful Website", "Twelve Key Components to Building a Successful Website","10 ways to make your website more successful","The best advice on how to build a successful website","The insider's guide to a successful website". Generally speaking, these solutions include more than just 3 parts: Optimize your site for search engines(SEO), Use a good design and layout, Keep your content updated. I must admit that these solutions are effective and reasonable, but they are not the key elements of a successful website. Why? Search engine optimization can help improve your website visibility in order to bring more traffic to your site, but if your website is useless to visitors, they will close the page in 3 seconds and never come back again. As for design and layout, whether we like it or not there is significant evidence that you can create a successful website with bad design, terrible code. You only need to look at the design of Craigslist or the code of Amazon to see that this is true. I have talked to many web designers about craigslist - obviously one of the most popular websites in the world. While they accept that craigslist is hugely successful- it would be hard for them not to - they claim that it is successful despite its terrible, outdated, text-heavy, ugly non-design. Keeping website content fresh is truly important, if your website is popular enouth, your visitors will generate contents for you. If not, it will be turned to a tough work for you.

So, What makes some sites succeed and others fail? what are the secrets of the successful websites? how to build a popular website? Put another way, when you are asked to redesign an existing website, what problems are you looking out for and where do you concentrate your efforts? You can read full pdf here, hope it's helpful to you.

furious

I think flash websites are really cool but the problem is that they load really slow, and the black sites are freaking me out, I think they're so creepy…
I like those wide page designs, I think are the coolest.

zjroland

flash websites are cool but not friendly to google, because search engine only recognize text.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views