Mistakes in content cause indexing problem?

adityasingh

My website is not indexed by Google. It is live from one month now. I have rechecked the content of my website. It had some grammatical mistakes. I have corrected them. But I really wanted to know if grammatical mistakes and spelling mistakes in content have effects on indexing and ranking of the website?

Kirbyworks

As for indexing, not at all. As for ranking, not directly. Poor grammar and spelling will cause people to leave your site sooner or not come back which are measurable metrics that have some effect on ranking. The reason you are not getting indexed is because it just takes time. You can go to Google Webmaster Tools and potentially speeding up the process by doing a "Fetch as Google" (Google it if you can't find it). You can also check the progress of the crawling which must be done first by typing in site:www.yourwebsite.com in the Google search field. It will tell you the number of pages crawled and which pages have been crawled. The Google robots are very sporadic in their crawl frequency. They may crawl 2 pages one day, 10 pages the next day, and not come back for weeks and then crawl 20 pages, or 1 page. This is the main reason why it takes so much time to get ranked.

More about that at this article:

Why Does Getting Ranked Take So Long?

Deepak Kaushik

Those mistakes effects Search Engine Ranking but did not effect Caching Process.
You can verify your website from Google Webmaster Tools and fetch your webpages.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.