Is Photoshop worth learning for an internet marketer?

Peter

Hi folks,

I'm doing IM for my niche. I've spent more time to learn Photoshop to have basic knowledge about it.

I'm going to build an e-book design but if don't use graphic tools like PS then I couldn't do any thing.

so I'm wondering that Is Photoshop worth learning for an internet marketer?

Any shares?

ravemediaph_ronnie

Yes it is, photoshop is the best editting software, you must know how to use it.

Jovani

Jovani
Not only for editing images but you can do more with it, like design logo, banner, product, ebook and adding into your products/services on the internet then you will know why it's very useful for marketers.

Rious.Noto

Adobe Indesign is perfect for ebook designs
i don't recommand Photoshop for IM ( as the only key ) , it's more useful for photographers
i recommand Indesign for books & illustrator for Logos , banners , templates ...
but it's still important , just take basics & leave the rest

bijutoha

bijutoha
I wanna say something like Rious.Noto.....You should apply your attention to make e-book design in Adobe Indesign. (Even you can make your design in Photoshop) It is important without any question. Many companies today is leading to the hair a marketer with graphic design skill.

cpi31

Yes it is if you are doing marketing for a photo editing company like me. Having said that its always good to know something more than only any particular thing.

northmail

it is. as you go along the way. you'll realize the advantages.

barbaradoris

Yes, if you study Photoshop that would be help for your marketing job by design cover for your products or ebooks..etc.
It always is a good tool for internet marketers who doing online or working from home.

drastic

it's pretty easy to learn and if it saves you a few bucks from not needing to hire a graphics "guy" to do a simple banner, then yes, learn it.

drastic

ps - consider learning illustrator for font/logo based items.

koolphoto

I use Photoshop daily because I am a photographer and I design websites.

If you are graphically inclined then I would recommend buying and learning Photoshop. If you are only going to dabble with it then I think you will be better off by outsourcing. Going to places like Fiverr or hiring a designer to create professional ebook covers and graphics will give you better results.

If you don't like to create graphics or edit pictures, you will get a lot better quality outsourcing than what you might create and in the long run, I think it is cheaper.

ron13315

Same as other, I use photoshop daily. I use photoshop to create static or animated banner ad, I use photoshop to create logo, I use photoshop to edit or manipulates images.

Actually I did not use other application such as illustrator to create logo because I found photoshop can do it all.

You must learn photoshop.

Content by Rhonda

It is certainly worth learning. You can make e-book covers, logos, and all kinds of things. I don't have photoshop but am learning Gimp which is free and like Photoshop. It's got a big learning curve, at least for me. I think I'm starting to get the hang of layers a little better. :)

rbmm

rbmm
I am now using both Photoshop and Gimp. Photoshop also has a learning curve.
Photoshop maybe has a slight edge over Gimp, but Gimp is a really strong piece of software.

As far as what to use, it depends on what your needs are.

As an IM'er, it is a great idea for you to learn the basics of some
kind of graphics software so that you can do a few simple things
when you are trying to create something quickly.

You may not want to wait for a few days for a designer to create your
product - and then if it is not what you wanted, you have to
wait again for the re-work.

Steve Roberts

I like Photofiltre - which is free - has lots of functionality but simpler than Photoshop. But ultimately the weight of the evidence is: Photoshop is best.

nesito29

I personally prefer using Canva, it's free and you don't need to download software. In my humble opinion Photoshop is not necessary. However, it really depends on what you want to do, if you are really into graphics then Photoshop seems like a viable option. But, if what you want is creating professionally looking images (not editing), then I would go with Canva.

HBAndrei

I usually hire someone to do all PS work I need, I never could bring myself to learning it.

arronmattwills

Graphic design is a creative job. Anybody can learn it to present their something visually appealing, something in their mind, something to create a vector design. For a internet marketer, you need to promote your brand online, so obviously you can with images and design. And you have no problem to learn, we have YouTube, see the videos and learn it. All the best.

emily

Obviously Photoshop is worth learning because it is the basic necessary skill that a internet marketer should have for better communication. An internet marketer mainly deals with search engine optimization, branding and social media marketing etc,. Prior to that they should have a design skills. For the best practice they need to use design software's like Photoshop and Gimp because they will get to know and understand what goes into a design and allows you to design a basic or simple graphics on their own.

seoexpert4u

Learning Photoshop has a lot of benefits. As an internet marketing you have to work most of the time on Social network sites so you can easily customize images for your needs. Even you can design banners, covers, profile images for the social media sites. Instead of hiring designer just for small tasks you can do it by yourself. It can save the time and the cost as well. You can also add a new skill to your set of skills.

Joe B. Ray

You don't actually have to learn Photoshop, you just have to use it. I've been using it for years , but I never learned it.

All you really have to learn is how to type in to Google Search what you want to do exactly. No matter what it is you want to do with Photoshop, you will find and endless supply of detailed tutorials in the results. The tutorials will walk you through the process step by step.

I do this every time. I mean, I don't want to be a graphic designer, I just need to get things done. Over the years, I became very good at it.

learn2do

learn2do
I agree with you. When you are an Internet marketer, there are many mini works that should be done in Photoshop. You don't need to be a graphic designer, but you have to know how to use Photoshop. That'll save you a lot of time, and money.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads