Is Photoshop worth learning for an internet marketer?

Mike001

Reading through all of these I was surprised at some of the responses.

Most certainly Photoshop is an excellent tool for not only photo manipulation, but also working with web graphics, logos, frameworks, etc.

The one thing that surprised me with the responses is that no one mentioned how Photoshop, Fireworks and Illustrator work together as a team to really build some outstanding web additions. These tools all supplied in the Adobe Suite are a little expensive, but as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. They work great together and compliment one another for a total graphical package.

Anything for designing skeleton pages to full fledged animations can be accomplished with a combination of the tools.

I would highly recommend learning the set, if you take your web design seriously. The more tools that you are comfortable working with and have a good working knowledge of the more likely you are to exceed the expectations of your customer.

I hope this helps.

Mike

PatrickT

Photoshop will never be the tool you regret about, so yes, keep learning, nowdays all the marketing is not possible without it, you are on the right track

imnathanjames

I think it definitely helps more having it.

I consider it another string to my business bow.

While i am far from a design ninja, i can make my own logo's, banners, images for blog posts, design my own ebook covers in 3d, facebook ad images...the list is endless.
If you add all that up from a designer it comes to a fair amount.

Photoshop is $8 a month so it's still a great investment in my opinion.

Hope this helps.
Good luck.

longmont

Photoshop will always be worth it. I have a theory that the marketing genius at Adobe that is never discussed, it that they never really cared if anyone pirated Adobe Photoshop.

This means the kids learn the program earlier and adopt it later on in life, because "it's what they learned on" whether learning it before heading out into the corporate world, or learning it to makes memes, Adobe Photoshop doesn't discriminate. They will cram every frigging thing the can into it.

What does this mean?
If they are a photographer, they will adopt Lightroom when they are ready. If they are a graphic designer (print), they will adopt Illustrator, InDesign, and so on and so forth.

You can macro and script in Photoshop.
They almost NEVER leave out functions just to squeeze dollars out of their products by creating artificial product lines. (An example would be when Nvidia were fabricating their Quadro and Geforce video cards, they were the exact same graphic cards and with a little soldering or by forcesing the Geforce card to accept Quadro drivers, which pissed quite a few professionals off. They paid over $1,000 for their card and the kid down the street who sold hamburgers all summer only paid $100..yes, that pisses a lot of people off doing something like that)

I use Photoshop to:

batch tens-of-thousands of pictures with my post production scripts
create graphic-heavy website mockups for presentations
when other applications have issues and I have deadlines
produce PDF files
convert file formats and color spaces with little or no hassle
to copy EXIF data, import & tweak, and batch process EXIF data

....there is really nothing I don't at least "try" to do in Photoshop. We all know it is bloated and probably has a steep learning curve for newbies. You see, I believe that some God, somewhere, sent Photoshop to this world as a rare tool that could be used by everyone regardless of class or color, rich or poor.

EpicGlobalWeb

Allow me to show you why PhotoShop is imperative to learn:

mike.png

Because you can't do that without it...

edwardkenway

In these days PS or photoshop's demand is so high, so i think learning ps could be very helpful for your own, you have PS knowledge so you can make more things like logo, as your saying you want to work with ebook cover so this knowledge can be very helpful as an internet marketer.

And another thing is in these e commerce era all product people can see on the internet, so you can edit it and make it very unique and attractive, so in this way learning photoshop would be worthful for an internet marketer.

carolinasky

Photoshop would be most practical

I agree with most that have replied to this thread that, Yes, Photoshop is great to learn and use. You can use Photoshop for things such as marketing, other for your company, as well as just pictures(family). There are other great application that work well and are easy to manipulate. The best that will cover all areas you are looking for support in Photoshop is it and would be beneficial to learn.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views