Why do we use social media for SEO?

djohn4204

Why we use social media in SEO as we know that it does not provide do-follow backlinks ? Is social media really good for increasing traffic of a website ?

shapna

Usually, the visitor flow and engagement rate of social media are much higher, when compared to other available media. So, promoting brands via social media is easy and more effective...

EmilyEvans

Hm... Social Media is an instrument of SMM(social media marketing). It's a bit different things(but very close).
Why we use:
- direct traffic
- higher ranking(nearly 6%) counted in Google algorithm
- potential customers
- increasing branding, etc.
View attachment 811

soluck9x

Yes, I'm sure . I used facebook, twitter, google plus, pinterest and stumbleupon regularly and in the long run it really help to improve traffic my website.

drdialeruk

Nice point! I agree that the key to SEO friendly social media profile is to be descriptive as possible. I never thought of that when I was starting.

christopher

Many people use some type of social media these days. Social media keeps on grow and becomes more popular. Businesses also join social network game to gain more sales, and moreover stay in touch with their customers, gain the product popularity by trying to make social media users to like, share, comment on their products.

technokar

hello Dear friend,
Yes,I am new in SEO field . I used facebook, twitter, google plus, pinterest and stumbleupon regularly and it is really very help to improve traffic on my website.

EmilyEvans

Here, it' more new one.
[URLnf=http://igiri.org/google-ranking-factor-list-of-all-google-ranking-signal/]http://igiri.org/google-ranking-factor-list-of-all-google-ranking-signal/[/URLnf]
That image I think was from 2013.

Alawi

The overall ranking factors posted by EmilyEvans is not official which means it is only according to the website's case study on how they understand Google in ranking the websites. This would be a good guidelines to all.

Regarding social media it is usually used to reach targeted audience but not for gaining backlinks.

ileaddigital

Most importantly, it will help to index your backlinked page in google searches, which is important for your website, otherwise you could not get benefit from this backlink. thanks

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.