Does social media help in SEO

Brill Mindz

Use of Social media is increasing in users every day. The lives of people have become dependent on social media. In addition, social media helps in creating trust and better reliability between the users. A website or a content that is liked on social media will get better ranking in the search engine results. Thus social media helps in SEO of a website to a great extent.

Using social media, you can promote your business and attract more customers to your website. This will ultimately increase the ranking of the website in the search engine results. There are experts who know to handle SEO and SMO very well.

Aby

While social media can’t directly influence SEO rankings, it can impact factors that affect your rankings. Social media is capable of driving traffic to your site. If you share links to your page on your social media profiles, you can drive more traffic to your page.

Social media helps with content too. Content creation is one of the most valuable ways to increase your SEO rankings.

When you create content, you provide your audience with valuable information. It comes in the form of blogs, ebooks, videos, and infographics. Content marketing involves sharing valuable knowledge with your audience that they are seeking.

Once leads find your content, they’ll spend time reading it. More time spent on your page sends a signal to Google that your page is valuable. It will rank your page higher to help more leads find your valuable information.

In short, Social media helps to amplify your content reach and improves the quality and quantity of leads.

SitePro

Yes, very definitely. But, watch out!

How?
I will apologize now for how long this is going to get. But it is a personal example.
Sorry, but there is so much to say...

First, generally, when you post bits of information from a social media profile, you often generate traffic. It helps to have lots of followers, of course. It will also depend upon what is trending. Another thing you can do is to use relevant hashtags, as people often search these for subjects they are interested in.

There are all sorts of ways to do it, generate interest in your website. Interestingly, I do this all the time. As I am often designing logos for myself and others, I maintain an online freeware & shareware catalog of fonts. When I add a font, I often promote it (though not always, as I am a busy guy), with a shout-out about it's addition to the catalog from that brand account. Now, even though freeware/shareware fonts are often every bit as good as commercial fonts, and sometimes even offer better stuff, bonuses & features, usually they are presented very well (in sample graphics). Though I try to help out with the ones that need it, I'm not spending a great deal of time on my free archives stuff & free offers.

Note that many of the freeware/shareware fonts are done and released by artists & designers before they become a commercial studio or type foundry. Or they released a nice older font to generate interest in the new commercial operation and sell more fonts at their website. With shareware they will also often release a font with a limited character set, but as soon as you need a $, © or TM sign or other characters, they will expect you to visit their website to download the pro version that you can use commercially (for a small fee at PayPal).

My Font-Journal is actually more commercially oriented, because I created it so that I and my peers would have a decent catalog of freeware & shareware font that is OK for commercial use. Not all of it is, mind you, some is personal use only, as I started with a catalog of 13,000 fonts, and I deleted a bunch (plus or minus 1,000) that I thought were not up-to-par. Still, you do have to check every license because I am concentrating on the new stuff I added & am adding.

I, my clients, my peer designers & their clients often use this as a resource to pick-out the styles of fonts they like so that we have examples to reference when we create their logo, seal, or graphics, etc...

Anyway, now you know why I bother. It's just a starting point, but I love typography, the type itself, and the creativity I enjoy when creating/designing logos.

So anyway, not all the freeware is the best, so often I also promote commercial fonts with affiliate links in Twitter and Pinterest. This, the free stuff that I collect, and the other posts I make create a nice little profile timeline. But, I only have some 250 followers on Twitter, just over 100 on Pinterest. So, I have to retweet or repost stuff in my other account with a large following.

Believe it or not, this actually generates interest in my website. Not so much the font I am promoting, but people go to the website and find the other stuff they like. Even if I am retweeting/reposting, people seem to get curious about the website URL of the original tweeter/pinner.

But that is not all, it isn't just the direct links in the posts or the profile that generates traffic, but Google has webservers in the middle of everything and they see the traffic and realize there is something going on there and send you more traffic that is similar to what the traffic going there is about or looking at.

Now, the trick is who can you depend on?

Facebook is so full of security holes I had to abandon all of my marketing there, and I really had a lot going on there, with groups for fonts, designers, photoshop & a whole bunch of different brand marketing pages for some of each of my websites. Plus I don't like how it is run, but as a security oriented guy I realized that anyone using that platform is putting his own customers and clientele at risk and that is not a thing, with so many idiotic security breaches, that I ever want to be a part of, and Fb has never cleaned-up its act. Not ever. It doesn't even make an attempt at it.

Then there's Google+. I was actually banking on that platform. I had so many Google+ community groups and I was feeding them content like crazy. Even today, I have 3 working Android phones and 3 Android tablets. I was feeding the monster that is Google. And just like that, even though everyone has set-up G+ profile links everywhere, even still feature the option to add your G+ link in profiles, it disappeared unless you setup a corporate account.

These are only examples, I have lost out before and I will never return to Facebook, which means I lose out on a lot of advertising opportunities, but they are mining everyone's personal data to criminal levels and I will never want to be associated with any such crap.

So, yeah, it helps, it can help a lot. But be careful who you associate with. If they don't conduct business fairly, you may not want to have anything to do with them, either. And then there are things like Google+ disappearing, Tumblr being sold to Yahoo & then Verizon, and now its monetized with ads that can compete with your content. Same for wordpress.org

So many betrayals.

I use Twitter & Pinterest because Twitter is good for quick announcements, but that announcement does not last long (only minutes, or less). But Pinterest posts (pins) are relevant for like 4 months.

And, oh yeah... Google does have crawlers specific to social media and may well see anything you post.

It mainly works by bringing your brand and content more visibility, which in turn drives more traffic. Besides, your social media profiles and YouTube videos also rank among regular search results. So optimizing them for the search engines will definitely boost your overall SEO strategy.

Wilsonjacob45

Yes, social media can absolutely help with SEO, but not in the direct way people may think. It is believed the search engines don’t use social engagement (shares, comments, likes, etc.) as a ranking factor. However, when done properly, social media can improve signals that improve rankings.

There are a number of indirect ways that social media can assist SEO:

Link building -
If people find you on social media and find your content valuable enough to link to, this can increase rankings.

Brand recognition - Social media is excellent for increasing brand awareness. The more aware searchers are of your brand, the more likely they are to click on your site in search results. Click through rate can be an important SEO signal.

Increased traffic - If social media generates a lot of traffic to your site, it can send a signal to search engines that your site is popular and deserves to be ranked.

Increase search engine exposure because your social network profiles can show up in search results.
I would go as far to say that in today’s online marketing environment, you can’t do successful SEO without a social media and content strategy. SEO is no longer a stand alone effort but one that must be part of a holistic digital marketing strategy.

traceygreen

Not help directly but social media have a huge audience that impacts your site positively. Its follower can help your site ranking fastly.

SClikes

Yes, Social media help in SEO. You can make your title include targeted keyword for social media post. you can use your handle in your post. Make your URL short and share in the post.

excitebrand

Here's the reason: Social media is worked for mass sharing. That is the means by which online media influences SEO in light of the fact that the entirety of this sharing indicates greater permeability for your substance. On the off chance that loads of individuals share your substance via online media, at that point it's probable more individuals will link to it, and links ARE a tremendously significant SEO positioning component.

According to my thinking, when people go to promote content on social media platforms, it will provide good traffic as well as social signals to search engines, so through this way, it is possible that it will help with SEO.

Daniel@30

Yes, Social media is also one of the best platform to gaining traffic on your website like as SEO.

gennifercarter

Social media isn’t a ranking factor, so it won’t directly help your rankings. As well as SEO and social media both have their own benefits for businesses, both are even more effective when they support one another.

robertcoble

Hi guy's
Let's get discuss does social media help in SEO and how?
Social media can help with SEO in a few ways. First, when you share your content on social media, it can help to get it in front of more people. Second, social media can help to create links back to your website, which can improve your SEO ranking. And third, social media can help to increase the overall engagement with your website, which can also improve your SEO ranking. So yes, social media does help with SEO.

quirinussoft

Social Media gives you branding your company and which gives you benefits in SEO.

As many as people search you with your brand name it gives strong signal to Search Engines to boost authority and all these help in SEO rankings.

Make social profiles, create groups, make interesting things so people follow your page, keep updating pages and all these helps in SEO. :)

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.