Automagically show Signatures

ElixantTechnology

Here's my suggestion for the day. I am wondering if it's just me that's finding this a pain, but I do believe that it should be set that signatures are automatically shown in posts for those of them who do have them set. When generating a post, it becomes a real pain to have to pause and remember that you have to put a checkmark in the box to show your signature, and if you forget, you have to go back push a bunch of buttons to edit your post just to have it show up. Usually when someone creates a forum signature, they want it to be displayed. Am I the only one that thinks this should be changed?

Inquestor

We have discussed this is the past as HostNurse pointed it out.

The reason why we on WMS have this in place is to prevent spammers/bots from gaining authority/link juice from our forum.

Even I have to check if I want my signature to show or not, most times I don't show my signature anymore. Only when I feel necessary.

If you really want you sig. to be display, just check the box below textarea. (Just like I did ;) )

ElixantTechnology

Understandable, it's just a big change from the other communities I do take part in, that is why I bring it up. Sometimes it slips your mind and you forget to check the box haha.

Reactions: wms
Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies