Social Media Pitfalls

How can we use technology to serve young minds best, and maintain a healthy balance?

• Evaluate children s social development

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Is there a way to expand parental awareness?

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

tania0000

To what extend does the impact of social media have on the development of young children, is it not possible that progress is hindered due to children no longer using their own personal creative powers, could this be due to the fact that isolation is occurring and that children are not developing their social skills like they should by playing outside with other children is social media hindering childhood development?

ericplotz1

I dont think so, I just think its heading in a different direction. People want human interaction. I actually think social media has helped those who weren't social, become social. They do so because they can hide behind an identity online until they feel comfortable with themselves and then they break out of the "shell".

strawberrybob

I think it's really not so black and white.. But when i look back on my childhood i am so grateful to have grown up without social media. We would explore the neighbourhood, play street hockey, build forts and treehouses and igloos during winter. We were constantly engaging our imagination and finding things to keep us occupied rather than just pluggin into a computer. One of the problems i see especially with younger generations is that on social media you create an image of yourself, this for one tends to make people self consious of their own self image and also it makes it too easy to compare yourself against others which is not a good practice, this only leads to people having feelings of insufficiency or superiority. Also staring at a computer screen too long is just plain unhealthy.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.