Is 2000MB RAM enough for a website with a decent traffic?

Faaiza

Hi everyone,

I want to know if my site gets around 30.000 visits a day then 2000MB RAM (VPS) is enough for a website with that amount?
or I need to increase RAM to 3G or 4GB to help my VPS run stability

thanks in advanced!

ElixantTechnology

What kind of website are you running? How many ative connections are there to the site at any given time? What software powers your website?

Hostname.club

If your site is Wordpress, a bundle of Wp Super Cache plugin from a site and nginx can handle within 2GB RAM. But my recomendation is 3GB RAM at least.

ElixantTechnology

Now that I look over this post again and read the question at hand... Yes, you should look at more RAM.
If you're pushing 30,000 uniques a day, that means you've probably got quite a few active connections going at any given time. If you are running a dynamic website, I would recommend 4-6GB of memory right off the bat, however, if you're pushing static HTML then 3GB behind Nginx would handle things amazingly.

If your running wordpress, I would recommend that 4-6GB of RAM, as well as that you use Nginx + PHP_FPM + WP Super Cache + xCache or Memcached. On top of that, I'd recommend throwing Cloudflare in front for some added protection and speed.

A real active Wordpress website will use 2-3GB of memory on its own, not taking into account the operating system, software, etc.

TSOHost - Akin

With regards to Virtual Private Servers and RAM, the number of concurrent connections is more important that the number of daily visits.

30,000 daily visits roughly equals 20 visits per minute which is pretty much ideal for a 2GB VPS however this doesn't leave much room for traffic spikes. You could consider adding a tiny bit more RAM to ensure things don't go south during a period of particularly high traffic but other than that you should be OK.

Of course, all of what I have just said is just words, and more importantly based on a standard WordPress site with no optimization and not too many plugins.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.