Why .htacess file didn't show on console command?

Maxwell

Hello

when I use zip command:
zip myfilename.zip * to zip my all files from ssh, but when i unzip on my PC then .htaccess file didn't include in my extracted folder
once again, i used : ls -lh then I didn't see this file (.htacess) on my screen
access from cPanel and zip then everything is fine.

how to show .htaccess or system file via ssh (putty program) to zip complete files and folder?

Does anyone know to solve this problem?
thanks

ElixantTechnology

You will need to use the following command to include the .htaccess file,

zip -r yourfilename.zip * .htaccess

what is happening is the ZIP command is currently ignoring the .htaccess file in ther (seeing it as if it were a blank filename). By setting it to be recursive & include it .htaccess file it *should* appear in the ZIP... Might I ask why you are using ZIP and not TAR? ZIP files are quite outdated - most use RAR or TAR/GZIP.

Maxwell

what does -r mean for?

Zip's supported to extract on my cPanel. it could be a reason why I used it.

why I used ls -lh on putty, htaccess file didn't show on putty's console command, it's system file?

ElixantTechnology

-r is recursive, and is effective on a wide range of linux commands. You've got me a little bit confused, you're stating that you are using zip exclusively because it is extractable within cPanel? Aren't you logged into SSH either way? Explain what's going on here.

Finally, use just ls... .htaccess files should show. Wile in the folder, type:

./.htaccess

If it says file does not exist, it does not exist. If it says it is there, then it is there. I have a feeling the way that you are describing things to me, that it does not exist.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.