Does domain age help more in SEO ?

Tommy

Search engines view older domains as more trustworthy, which means older domains may have a slight advantage. But this is only true if the older domain has a good reputation (e.g., it hasnt been blacklisted, penalized or banned from the search engines).
In your view, does domain age help more in SEO ?

Thanks

Domain age, just like what you said, is one the factors in search engine ranking. There are a lot more things that are important in SEO. If a person focuses in domain age, then what can starters do?

HostNurse

Domain age is a factor in SEO and yes it does help, but not always.

DPrat

Domain Age Dont Have Any Importance In Google Ranking

Domain age dont have any importance in google's pagerank. The main importance what they give is the quality of the content and the number of quality backlinks the site receiving. For more accurate view on this, please refer to the following video of Matt Cutts, Head- Google's Webspam team:

aixporter

I agree. The age and length you've held onto your domain should not have an affect on your page rank. Instead, focus on your content and link popularity.

Domain age dont have any importance in google's pagerank. The main importance what they give is the quality of the content and the number of quality backlinks the site receiving. For more accurate view on this, please refer to the following video of Matt Cutts, Head- Google's Webspam team:

DPrat

True

I agree. The age and length you've held onto your domain should not have an affect on your page rank. Instead, focus on your content and link popularity.
That is a hands up! We need not to focus on these silly criterion, rather we should focus on making our site and content high on standards, important to users/visitors and useful. It will eventually gain rank with best white hat SEO techniques on google and other search engines.

Alex_smith

Yes you are right, domain age helps to get more ranking to the website. Its keyword rankings will be good.

kangalina

Thanks Alex_smith,
I vote for domain age.
Domain age is important factor for improving page rank and also it will be useful for build a good backlink for your website.Domain age refers to the age of the domain name of a website. It considers the age of the site and the time since the domain name was registered.You can easily find age of the domain name by using any of the tool.Nowadays there are lot of domain name age tools available.Recently i used Whoisxy.com Here i got date of domain name registration,expiration,registration status.It's very useful to calculate domain age.

DPrat

DPrat
Google PR calculation procedure dont give any importance to website age these days. This is a misconception. Check Matt Cutts' video which I have posted above.

supergal

ya i agree with you mod.. now adays age doesn't matter..........

Trisha Sue

The age of the website is built up of how long the content has been actually on the web, how long the site has been in promotion, and even the last time content was updated. The length of time a domain has been registered is measured by not only the actual date the domain was registered, but also how long it is registered for. Some domains only register for a year at a time, while others are registered for two, five, or even ten years.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views