WHY discussion forums are better than Facebook

Gregorio

Do you agree with me that discussion forums are better than Facebook (include fb groups, fan page) or not?
I found that forums threads or posts are easy to get higher rankings than promoting on facebook page or profiles, maybe facebook is a competitor of G hence It hasn't get more prior on G search engine?
Your thought?

MightWeb

To be honest, Facebook is more and more like a forum for me nowadays. Personal use involves a lot of groups, which now resemble a forum rather much.
I still do prefer traditional forums however. I don't really include ranking into my reasoning, but as I surf forums to actually focus on its content, I find it less distracting.

immechanic

If we are talking about social interaction, IMO facebook is better. But if we are referring to the amount of value it can give, discussion forum is definitely still way better and easier to use.

Although facebook has groups and history of other discussion, In my oppinion forum is still easier to navigate especially if you are looking for information.

forum also gives you more room to do a lot of things without restrictions unlike with facebook that has a lot of limitations when it comes to it's rules.

MikePNV

Forums are better as it really hones in on the niche that you want to discuss. There are others that want to discuss this niche on forums so that is why forums are better at discussions.

Cierra

I agree with you. In my opinion, forums allow for a broader amount of conversation, a more personal feel, and a better platform- as you can have different softwares, themes, etc.

KatnissEverdeen

I have my own personal Facebook and am a member of quite a few forums. I barely spend time on FB. I prefer to spend my time on forums. To me, FB is just mindless information. On forums, I can read, learn, and share all different kinds of information. Any "group" I am in on FB, there is not any type of discussion. So I would much rather be on a forum

R44

R44
I'm the opposite; but there again, Facebook has a "real-time" factor. It is insanely helpful to have rail enthusiasts tell you when things are *due*; but even more so, when you have when it went through a location.

And then theres the notifications thereof.

natemaingard

As someone else said, FB is good for social interactions, but so are forums. I personally prefer forums due to the simple fact that the forum is yours. On FB, you're not in control of anything. FB dictates everything. They decide whether something is deleted or not, they decide if your profile is in violation - they decide everything. If I'm going to have any type of community, I'm always going with a forum, not a FB page.

Reactions: Syadei

Syadei

Syadei
I could not have worded this any better. I also prefer forums because you don't get half of the rubbish, spammy posts that you would get on Facebook. Along with the foul mouthed idiots.

Cookie

FB is cool and all, but I prefer forums. Flexibility, less skrubs, etc. Forums generally contain people that know what they're talking about.

...Generally.

Hsin

I prefer the forums over FB. I barely use FB these days. Forums have so much variety to them I feel.

MrGravyCakes

I use FB ago talk with my real life friends. I use forums to talk to people I may not know, to discuss a certain subject. If you google something to look for help, code help for example, do yiu find Facebook posts or forum posts? Most often it will be forum posts. This is why I would argue that forums are better

talukdar

Facebook can't help you in getting rank on Google. All the links from Facebook are no-follow.
If you want to get rank than Forum can provide better value than Facebook. But for getting traffic Facebook is much more effective than Forums.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.