How to create a perfect meta title and description for SEO?

Mjlivera

Hi everyone,
What are your tips on how to create a perfect title and meta description tag for SEO that get good rankings on search engine results?
for example, how many words for a title or a description or should I include keywords into both title and description..etc..how to write them standard for search engines and for visitors...
please help me out!

denishalaughton

A well-written meta description can give your site an advantage in search engine results pages. For every meta description you write you need to be mindful of what the user will be thinking. Websites with quality content that meet the needs of those searching for that content. This all starts with your meta descriptions which is essentially the welcome mat to your site's virtual doorway.

SEOPub

In most cases, the best meta description is to leave it blank. You will usually get a better CTR.

Meta titles I try to keep to 60 characters or less. Google goes by pixels now, not characters though. Generally, with 60, you won't go too long.

Reactions: JWmillion

elcidofaguy

elcidofaguy
Interesting statement.... In a lot of cases G seems to ignore the meta description and quite often its one which is terrible like a disclaimer statement lol.... So its a bonus when they use your meta description on the SERPs and when they do not then surely it makes no difference as if you have already left it blank...

SEOPub

Google is pretty good at picking out a meta description. If you leave it blank, they will try to pick one that more closely matches the search query. That can only help CTR's.

The only time I would spend the time writing a meta description is if I have a page targeting a very specific search phrase or 2-3 phrases that are almost identical.

Other than that, I'll let Google pick it.

JWmillion

JWmillion
I saw some pages in the past google picked text automatically, ignore my description that i wrote, why that?

If compare between let google pick and write your own, what do I should use for keyword ranking better?

SEOPub

SEOPub
Google reserves the right to pick their own description. There is nothing you can do about it.

Unless you have a page that is highly targeted for one major keyword and you really do not care about other keywords on that page or you have a page that is images only, leave it blank. Google will pick a description from the text on your page that it feels most closely matches the search query. In almost every case that I have tested this, I saw a higher CTR by leaving the description blank.

kenmichaels

Meta titles and description are very important for seo point. Title must be atleast 60 words and description must be upto 120 words. For finding the accurate meta titles and description search what the users will be thinking.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.