How many backlinks required to rank for a keyword on top google?

sharonbreemj

Go to majestic SEO and check the top 10 competitors of the KW, make average of their quantity of links and their trust, and you have an assessment. Of course there are other important factors - your content, speed of site, social signals.....

ev3v4hn

it's complex, i do 1 domain with scrapebox vps, with 800k backlinks (majestic), still useless, better with natural backlink for your main blog, idk, maybe natural backlinks is the best :boxing:

Allchat

I'd say as a general rule you should at least have a few "if you really want to call it a rule" It's more like a "good idea".

I'm not sure there is really a requirement for that, I rank on the first page of google in the first 6 or 7 links for just my one keyword phrase - but then again it's my own product and not something I'm promoting for someone else!

This can also make your content unique because you may not be competing with a lot of people over a key word or phrase.

Build back links from other sites and post articles about your content on submission sites, it will help :)

Allchat

Yea I really don't think there is an exact amount to anything other then one's paycheck and that's never guaranteed either :)

But on a serious note, really if you only had one strong back link to quality content, it would start ranking you as long as you used the right keywords and your promoting it on social networks - sites similar to your own and such.

Be unique and produce quality products or services and learn everything you can and after a while you'll create a way that works best for you...

karmadir

It's not number of Backlinks, but quality of links that matters.

kevinarndale

Well, this is a very odd question since everyone has already mentioned it varies according to your website and niche, but one more thing to be noticed is that from where your backlinks are coming are the sites of good page rank, that also matters a lot.

Sandra

Eric? really? long time no see... why's one of the best copywriters and long term marketer asking tricked questions? playing around?

EpicGlobalWeb

At the heart of Google there is a program. A database stores searches, a script interfaces with the front end of the site, and JavaScript processes the data of a search query. The main reason this can't be answered definitively is because the source code which processes a search is closed and proprietary. However we can get some insights on what works by analyzing competitor backlinks. Old fashioned marketing coupled with useful content will get people sharing your links more effectively than any method. I suggest starting by solving a problem. Then worry about backlinks. 80 Relevant backlinks are better than 1,000 nonsense ones.

Crestinfotech

If you want to top rank on google with particular for that how many back link needed, this is very complected question because no one can say exact number of how many back link needed for top on google page, but you can using the SEO tools for the competitor analysis and form that you can get the exact idea, but no-one say exact number of back link because of in SEO number is back link is important but rather than that quality of link is more important so consternation on quality rather than quantity of link.

SenseiSteve

I know this has been said many times over, but this really does boil down to the quality of the backlinks. I love some of the replies here, especially 7 backlinks. :)

jandesigner01

There is no fixed limit so you can only rank higher than your competitors if your site has more quality back links than your competitors and your site is more informative and helpful to user than others then your site will appear higher in ranking than those of others.

HCFGrizzly

It really depends. I would say 69 if you are male and 66 if you are female, but here comes the tricky part: If you are a male and your name is Cristiano you have to build only 7 backlinks. (these are the elites, the lucky few 1%)

On a more serious note: Your question is kinda stupid. Nobody knows how many backlinks you require to rank a specific keyword. There are too many factors to take into consideration.
About the placement of the keywords, now that I can respond:
Quality is more important than quantity. You should use your keyword in the page title, the page link, the headers and on the first paragraph on the page. Of course you should use the keywords in the content as well, but try to write in a natural manner and don`t overdo it.

designstoredxb

Not only back links are the factors there are so many other factors such as content, site structure, on-page factors, your site only rank well if your site is an authority site than your competitors with good design, great user experience, informative, with more back links than any other site in your niche, quality of the back links all matter.

samimnoorzaitgc

7 backlinks. :victory:
How can you say this? This isn't true.
Could you tell me how many backlinks required to rank for a keyword on top google?
You will need as much backlinks as needed to beat your competitors on a specific keyword. The more sites ranked on a keyword, the more backlinks you'll need. SEO never ends, even if you get the 1st position you will still need to struggle to hold your place. Keywords having high search volumes has too many competitors that won't set back and watch how you get ranked, they'll get into action to rank first just like you are doing! Holding the first position is not easy as much as you think!

zarawatsonn

Google does not disclose this factor, but more backlinks ensures higher ranking in the google search engine results.

Lee06

The important factor is not the quantity, but the quality. Some years ago, the quantity was important but now with Penguin you cannot get quantity backlinks if they are bad quality. So, to answer to that question, one solution is to check how many backlinks have websites which ranks high on the keywords you want to rank on. Then, you will have an idea on how many. But remember, that important thing is to get backlinks from authority sources.

noface0711

It's impossible to answer, it depends on the word you are trying to rank for and the quality of the baklicks.:rolleyes2:

mackrodd

It deponds on the keyword. if it is competitive keyword you need many quality backlinks. Sometimes you get ranked top without any backlinks But you must choose the right kyword, or long tail keyword.

HCFGrizzly

HCFGrizzly
I would love to see that a website that is ranked without any backlinks at the top of the SERPs.
In fact, I suppose you are right. If you chose the right keyword: something like iLikeBikePiesAndTrump, you might get first without any backlinks....

ExonHost

This question prove that you are newbie in search engine optimization. No one able to give you this question answer. If you want rank a keyword you must have to know this keyword competition = kc. If your focus keyword KC is high then may be it will not be cost effective to rank your keyword. Try to chose bellow KC keyword. You can check your keyword competition from here keywordrevealer.com focus your top 10 competitor backlink and others matrices then decide about your focus keyword ranking.

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.