How to build Backlinks from Social Media ?

Zubera

I would like to build back links for my portal in order to increase page & alexa rankings. I have came across various people saying focus on SMO so I would like to know some ways, specially from FB & Twitter

Nytshade

The are good social media sites that offer Dofollow links and those are the ones that are good for increasing rankings, not Facebook & Twitter. FB & twitter are good for generating traffic and social proof and the traffic you get might create organic backlinks.

The best option is to build quality backlinks from high authority sites that offer dofollow link if you want to improve rankings. Tumblr is one good example of a social network that gets you dofollow links. Some may say it's a blogging platform but I see it as a social platform rather than a blog.

There's a lot of underground social networks that people don't know, they offer dofollow links and they're high authority sites. One of them is a russian social network which is vk(.)com, I know how to become popular on social sites so it was easier for me to become popular there as well even though I don't speak russian.

The problem with people is that when you say social network they think google+, facebook, twitter, pinterest etc.

Those popular social networks are good for traffic generation not for backlinks.

drastic

it's honestly a pain in the butt to build up tons of true organic likes and shares. just gotta get lucky and hope one of your links takes off and goes viral.

Nytshade

Nytshade
No, it's not luck. It's hard work. Each and every post I create on my fan page, profile and facebook group gets a minimum of 15 shares on facebook (not counting blog share, google+, twitter, pinterest etc). It's not because of luck, it's just pure hard work and never giving up.

People try social media for a few weeks then give up, I see them every day and some of them send me messages begging me to post their stuff. Some try to spam the hell out of my group trying to leverage my hard work (pure laziness).

So luck doesn't make things go viral, quality content that is worth sharing and hard work make things go viral. No pain, no gain!

koolphoto

I use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Reddit, Twylah, Rebelmouse to get traffic to my site by posting good content. In the short run, I wasn't seeing much results. But after awhile my site's traffic started to increase. I don't really use these for backlinking purposes.

ericplotz1

I would like to build back links for my portal in order to increase page & alexa rankings. I have came across various people saying focus on SMO so I would like to know some ways, specially from FB & Twitter
In 2 months I can build a Pinterest following of about 6,000 to 8,000 targeted followers. If I stop there, only using pinterest, the traffic I get from that social network alone will build backlinks for me. True the actual "pins" will be no follow........

BUT Pinterest is ONE do follow link:

Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 12.45.02 PM.png

The more juice you have generated from your pins, the more powerful that verified link is.

From Google+ your link are nofollow unless you click the link button when sharing your link:

Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 12.55.14 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 12.57.38 PM.jpg

Youtube The links you add to your header and even social links are dofollow. Also the link you add to the description is dofollow, put you have to use the http:// or
Code:
https://www.yourdoamin.com
Dailymotion is a DoFollow

Linkedin, Tumblr, and Reddit also are all DoFollow. Tumblr used to be DoFollow for anything shared but now you have to make sure you hit the little Green link icon when posting a link.

Nytshade

I'm sorry Eric my friend, but what you just said is not true. Yes Pinterest was DoFollow but it has been changed and all verified links are no longer dofollow. Same with Google+ it is no longer dofollow.

Youtube description is also nofollow even the links in the header. I've just tested this before creating this post :)

Tumblr is dofollow because it's a blogging platform so no need for any tricks.

Alexander98

There are tens of strategies which are having an impact and when we talk about social media it gives you a lot but the backlinks doesn't sustain for a longtime because of the policies. Google plus is a good way when we talk of social sites and similar ones gives you benefit as well. If you will make business directories they are helpful with backlinks too.

Archana

If you need to increase backlinks from social media then you need to do SMM for it. Even if you are posting interesting comments and uploading wonderful eye catching images then also it will help your personal page or business page to get instant traffic on it.

Sharing videos and informative comments of others can also creates huge backlinks for a particular profile page.

escapeadvertising

Posting interneting blog post on your website and as well as on social media. Most of the best media is google + which allow you to post link and gives you dofollow as well as links which allow google to ranked also that media page on google.

Joe smith

To create valid backlinks you can take the help of social networking platforms where you can promote your business. One can follow strategies which include knowing what is your business, who is your target audience, which medium are you using to showcase your services. All the things, when clubbed together and used in the right manner, will not only drive traffic, but it will help in promoting sales and getting quality backlinks.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.