Can I get high rankings on search engines with just on-page SEO?

KrisR

Hi webmasters,
Can I get high rankings on search engines with just on-page SEO?
I don't have time to build backlinks and doing off page SEO, I just focus on content and on-page SEO factors, is it enough for my website to get listed and ranked well in Google, Bing or Yahoo search?
Your helps would be appreciated

SEOPub

Unless the competition is extremely weak, the answer is no.

If you "don't have time to do offpage SEO", then do not expect search engine traffic. There are plenty of viable traffic models for a lot of sites that do not involve search engine traffic.

I would look at running a good social media campaign and a PPC campaign instead.

If you cannot afford those and are not willing to put in the time to rank a website, you might want to rethink this online marketing thing. It might not be for you.

1SEO

On-Page SEO isn't the answer, SEO has so many components such as Link Building that needs to put you on top above your competitors.

whland

It used to be really easy to rank a website in search engines back in the day.

But now with googles new updates it's getting harder and harder.

It's still good to work on seo. But you should also use other sources to drive traffic to your sites.

I started using twitter and facebook with great results.

You just need to follow as many related twitter users that relate to your niche as possible.

Give it time though. Other twitter users will follow you in time.

The more you follow and the more who follows you the better.

Plus tweet any articles on your site to your followers.

They'll likely click on your link and visit your site.

Chancer

By some fluke your page will occasionally get some traffic even if you do no off-page SEO. If your content is very likable those few readers will share your links on FB, twitter, forums, etc. and thus do the link building for you. I've heard of this happening, but it is very rare - if it even still happens as the last occurrence of this (that i heard of) was a few years ago.

The beauty of an online business is that you can do everything yourself and hence always have full control of (almost) everything. Why waste this?
Build 1 link per day if nothing more. It will only take you 15 minutes.

vps9

No, Even Off-page optimization is necessary for any websites to get good ranking. Building a backlinks are main for any websites to get good ranking. It helps you to get good traffic to your website. it improves your website visibility and increases more visitors.

hynds

If you don't have the time to build backlinks, at least you need to share your content on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, G+,...these channels are one of the important factors to get higher rank on Search engine because nowaday, Google considers social signals are the key factors on their ranking algorithm.

sweetsdailyupdates

Yes, you can get better ranking in search result if you have created unique and quality title, description and content for your site. Once your site ranked in the search result you must do off-page activity for improving your ranking. And you can get some traffics from business listing sites, social sites and blog sites as well if you do Off-page activity.

So, Off-page activity is also important as same as On-page activity.

cheta

Yes bro, it is very much possible most especially with keywords that are lowly competitive. you can use tools like keyword chief or Google adwords tool to check that. Also make sure most of your headlines/topics of your web content contain your main keywords as they play a crucial role in coming up in search engine results. Lastly, try to keep your content original and unique at all times by keeping them fresh and up to date. Search for this tool: YOAST SEO tool for it will help you out.
But i will recommend that you also do off-page SEO too to stand a better chance of ranking high in SERP rankings.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.