How to find a good web hosting compatible with WordPress

Jon Acuff

WordPress does not require many resources to run, at least initially, however, should seek and find a good web hosting for your web projects.

There are plenty of good companies in US and UK that providing these services, but should spend a little time to explore the available offers and checking their supports. I always say in these cases it is better to pay more and be calm to find the best price, cheapest and then have complications when something goes wrong and you do not have with whom to communicate. Therefore, check well the price, performance and support before deciding is a must.

You may also be interesting start browsing web hosting offers on this forum or other blogs and social networks to hear what people say about their hosting services that you are going to go with. From that, you can make the best choice.

Oddly enough, many people have in mind choosing a good hosting provider while things work, not in vain providers today have high levels of operation, most of 99.9%. But you should also think about what would happen when things stop working...then you better have someone on the other side of the phone.

Do you have any good experience when you searched a web hosting for your wordpress blog? and how to choose them?

Alex July

BlueHost, HostGator, ASmallOrage - there are hundreds of web hosting providers, and all of them are supporting websites based on WordPress :)

SenseiSteve

All three are owned by EIG, and support is NOT their strong point. Nearly all web hosting providers are able of hosting WordPress sites, but some specialize in WordPress. When performing your research, ask what they do differently from their competition.

vishwa

I am using Godaddy managed WordPress hosting for my blog and I must say that Godaddy really improves their services. I never face any single down-time till now.

Zack

Most hosting is going to be compatible with Wordpress so it's just a matter of finding a good, reliable and fair priced web hosting service. I have used some different hosts myself and learned a few things.

First, never get hosting from iPage or any other company that the same people own. Their support is terrible and response times are excessively long.

Second, Wordpress can sometimes be a big hog on your RAM so make sure that your plan has a decent amount of it. It does vary drastically on the need depending on how your Wordpress site is setup and the traffic it gets. Some plugins also use a lot of RAM so you need to eliminate or replace any that are using all your RAM.

Ask questions before you buy and make sure to inquire about the amount of RAM that you will be given. I have had/seen shared hosting plans that had as low as 256MB and as much a 2GB so there are some extremes from one host to another.

If possible try to get good honest input from previous and/or current customers if at all possible. You can't trust most web hosting review sites.

amanwaa

There are lots of WordPress hosting provider in web hosting industry, who offered you top quality wordpress hosting at very cheap rate like digital ocean, hostgator, or blueHost

BountySite

Is wordpress hosting any different from normal shared hosting?

Are there any special optimizations for wordpress, on the hosting server?

alexmorco

There are some important factors that need to consider before choosing a good hosting for a WordPress website, some areas:

1. Multiple hosting options
  2. Free features
  3. Speed and CDN
  4. Free SSL
  5. Multiple server locations in different countries
  6. Managed platform with WordPress
  7. Peace of mind
These are all the factors that I considered and recommend everyone to consider before choosing a WordPress hosting that guarantees the speed and provider different features free of cost like Cloudways does.

Spyderhost

The stability of the hosting providers infrastructure needs to be considered. Customer reviews will help you find one that meets your personal requirements.

• Network Infrastructure
  • WordPress Optimized
  • Customer Support
  • Scalability
  • Managed Service - Helps for those new to hosting or that do not have the skill necessary to manage an account
  • Location to your potential market - Don't host in the United States if your clients are in India it only slows down page loads for them
  • SSD Drives - Helps with the speed at which information is processed to your visitors
  • Server Security

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.