Bootstrap vs. Foundation

lkovnih226

I want to learn responsive design to improve my blog design and convert it into responsive. What CSS responsive frameworks are best now? Bootstrap or Foundation? I read good reviews about 2 these but not tried.

arronmattwills

I suggest Bootstrap responsive web design framework to design Mobile friendly websites which is compatible with all kind devices like desktop, smartphones, tablets, laptops etc.,

Columns and rows design implementation is also easy is easier compare to Foundation.

Classes naming convention easy to remember
ex. col-md-6, col-md-3 etc.,

A row will be divided into 12 columns.

We have many other features like sticky menu, accordion, quick tabs etc.,

Recently I used Foundation for front view and bootstrap for dashboard design for an Enterprise Product development. Bootstrap is easy compare to foundation.

themehunk

I would suggest you to try "BootStrap". It contains columns and rows using it you can easily achieve what is required by you with a very neat and clean design.

harrygreen90

I want to learn responsive design to improve my blog design and convert it into responsive. What CSS responsive frameworks are best now? Bootstrap or Foundation? I read good reviews about 2 these but not tried.
Bootstrap is more popular than foundation and it is used by more web developers, I would recommend this framework.

Here is a quick comparison between Bootstrap and Foundation

bootstrap-vs-foundation.jpg

vishwa

BootStrap is consider as one of the best and fastest loading frameworks. I personally like it a lot and using it on all of my websites. Alternatively you can try Thesis or Genesis as well.

Mike001

As a professional programmer, in both web development and application programming my vote would go for BootStrap.

I have taught both frameworks at a college level and the majority of my students have found BootStrap much more adaptable to web and application development. There are also quite a few good add ons that have been developed for BootStrap.

I have written a white paper that compares BootStrap, Foundation, Framework 7 and Skeleton. When we did the comparisons BootStrap led in many of the areas that we tested.

Also, for mobile responsive sites, BootStrap leads the way hands down in the ease at which mobile responsiveness can be implemented.

If you are interested I have a very good 24 hour video series on the BootStrap framework. It is based on the college class that I teach on the subject.

I hope this helps.

Mike001

Hi Marc,

No my site is not developed in BootStrap, although I have used small portions of the Gird System on the site.

The reason that the site is not completely written in BootStrap is that most of the site is dynamically generated from a remote database. The site was developed by one of my college classes as an assignment that they wanted to do to practice some of the techniques that they had learned in the classes they attended.

Considering it was one of their first sites and the complexity of the database connections needed for the videos, I think they did a pretty good job.

I need to go in and do some updates to the layout and add some of the new HTML and CSS elements, but I just have not had the time between conferences, customers and classes.

Oh and by the way, the BootStrap tutorials, posted on the BootStrap site are kind of out of date. They have not implemented many of the changes to the framework in the tutorials yet. I am sure that they have some of the same issues that I do with having the time needed to update the videos.

Thanks for the input.

Colombiawebs

Happy day

Bootstrap is the best option

Bootstrap is the most popular HTML, CSS, and JS framework for developing responsive, mobile first projects on the web.

Designed for everyone, everywhere.
Bootstrap makes front-end web development faster and easier. It's made for folks of all skill levels, devices of all shapes, and projects of all sizes

Blessings

rudolphdaniel

Foundation is focused on the visual and customizability aspects of a project, Bootstrap is primarily focused on functionality and not so much in the way the final project will look. This last matter is why websites built with Bootstrap are regarded as being easily recognizable, or as having the “Bootstrap look”

RenderedElite

Bootstrap is definitely the better option, and it will be easier to learn due to the amount of tutorials available on YouTube. Both are great options, but if you want to get hired and/or collaborate with a team of developers - Bootstrap is just more commonly used.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads