Google PR still alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

Hello I just want to know google Page Rank still alive or not..any Idea?

Shane Williams

I dont think Page Rank (PR) is dead but the Google PR toolbar is. I think Google still uses PR to evaluate a website against other but just doesnt update the PR toolbar anymore to prevent people from seeing the numbers and gaming the system.

Cesar

Long Live Page Rank? …

No. It’s about time we all stop using Page Rank to gauge the quality of backlinks. Since its been a few years since it was last updated

There are of course other useful metrics to determine the quality of a domain such as Moz.com’s Domain Authority (DA) and Majestic’s Trust Flow (TF). You are much better of using a combination of these two metrics than using PR.

rajivsinghi

As per "Matt Cutts" websites does not need any page rank anymore.. So we can say it has dead..

Thanks

Reactions: Influxvk

PTTed

PTTed
Please link to the source where Matt Cutts said websites don't need PageRank anymore. You won't find it because he never said that. At least he didn't say it as you have written it.

He has said that they wish webmasters would stop focusing on PageRank. But he never said Google stopped using it. And he never said websites don't need it.

If you want to learn how Google ranks web pages then I suggest you learn how PageRank originally worked. And I suggest you try to figure out how it has evolved over the years.

Google is still using PageRank. They quit telling the public what the PageRank values of pages were because it made it easier for people to manipulate their rankings. And it made it very profitable for popular websites to sell links that pass PageRank. And Google wants to discourage link selling of links that pass PageRank. And Google wants to discourage attempts to manipulate rankings by using PageRank manipulation.

Google wants you to forget about PageRank because they don't want you to manipulate your rankings.

kavinsac

Its dead. Google stop updating PR since Dec 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads