My databases were causing excessive load on the server

bhatti22

I have some issues in my databases were causing excessive load on the server.. so how i can solve then? i already know the placing but i am not familiar with it..Is there any one who can guide me step by step?

Harry P

I have some issues in my databases were causing excessive load on the server.. so how i can solve then? i already know the placing but i am not familiar with it..Is there any one who can guide me step by step?
Obviously you are having the problem with your hosting, not really on your website, when traffic of your site increased suddenly then your mysql server or your hosting (RAM) could not handle them.

Just curious what type of your hosting are you using? a shared or a VPS? if it was a VPS, how much RAM do you have?

we need to know more information so can help you know what the exact problem you are facing.

bhatti22

its shared hosting... and i said to my hosting company..they said to me " It appears to me that one of his application/module/plugin might have been compromised. Mysql Table Statistics:"

Also they said to me when you will upgrade from shared hosting to VPS so this issue will be solved? i don't know this issue that why this is?

Harry P

its shared hosting... and i said to my hosting company..they said to me " It appears to me that one of his application/module/plugin might have been compromised. Mysql Table Statistics:"
Also they said to me when you will upgrade from shared hosting to VPS so this issue will be solved? i don't know this issue that why this is?
Seem your traffic is increasing and its requiring more web hosting resource than usual. I would suggest you find in your log files to see what is happening to your sites.

Also you can put some questions with detailed info to ask hosting experts on this forum https://www.webmastersun.com/forums/95-Web-Hosting

They can help you find out the problems.

Developer

To get a better idea, please tell us the following:

1. Who are you hosting with?
2. What are the server specs?
3. Is this site a blog? cms? basic html?

Also, do you have access to your log files? Most hosting
accounts do give you access to the log files and these
are extremely important to find the direct culprit(s). You
may not NEED a VPS, you could just need some tweaking
of some code somewhere.

Before switching to a VPS (which is possibly just want your
host wants you to do, not necessarily what you NEED to do),
please answer the questions above and we'd be more than
happy to try to help you out as much as we can.

bhatti22

I am using Bluehost shared hosting account.
it is wordpress website which provides online services.
what do you mean about log files... i have access of cpanel and then can access the mysql database but i don't know how to change the database file and when i talked with the hosting company they said to me that " Either you need to edit the changes in your database by referring the above details or you can upgrade the hosting" They also told me some places where i need to change but which kind of things i need to change i don't know. basically i am not familiar with mysql database that's why trying to solve this issue by putting my questions here in this form.

Ron Killian

Well, sorry to say, Bluehost is part of the EIG group. A huge company that has been buying up hosting companies. Sadly after they take over, hosting services and support severely degrade.

I'd find a new host all together, a good VPS host.

Developer

Your link (above) leads to a suspended page. Did this JUST happen or what?

ElixantTechnology

BlueHost offers very minimal resources with their shared hosting accounts, for example 256MB of memory is the standard throughout EIG brands. This allows them means for quick upselling of their services, which is a valid tactic however can be quite a pain if you ask me. I recommend switching hosting companies as soon as possible, to one of the not so large companies that is capable of running malware scans on hosting accounts without worrying about the servers going offline ;)

With one of the smaller hosting companies your are typically granted more access to resources and the capability of handling more traffic driven to your website.

laceibanet

Sometimes an unoptimized database can cause some issues. And it is known that a theme or plugin that isn't updated to the latest version can be compromised so what they suggest isn't entirely outside the box. But just checking on your account and keeping everything updated and maybe hire a designer to just check the database to see if there are any changes you can make to make your site run better. Moving to a vps isn't really a great solution as you might still run into the same issue there, just a bit more room to grow.
A host usually says that to not solve the problem but only not have it affect others on the same shared server.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.