• QUICK MENU
  • REGISTER HERE - Join us for FREE
    Stick this thread
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/0
    Given: 7/0
    Thanks

Is directory submissions still working?

I wanted to know that is submitting your website on directories sites still working?
    Last edited by markbatham; 08-03-2016 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Correction

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 86/1
    Given: 349/0
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by markbatham View Post
    I wanted to know that is submitting your website on directories sites still working?
    There is a same question you should check https://www.webmastersun.com/threads/8005-Are-Directory-Links-Still-Worth-in-2015

For me its still worth to have back links on directories but with the condition is they must be quality directories. You should choose paid ones to have better quality.

Hope that helps!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Thompson View Post
    Thanks Alex for your comment, actually this was the case of of 2015, now its 2016, and you also know that Google make number of changes per year so may be the old scenario gone changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Thompson View Post
    For me its still worth to have back links on directories but with the condition is they must be quality directories. You should choose paid ones to have better quality.

Hope that helps!
    Yeah i agree that the quality backlinks is always work but in case of directories, it is different. If you have realized that if you submit your site on Directories sites, after approval have you checked Google Console links to your site?

If you see you would realized that you have submitted only one url on that directory but there would be more that one backlink coming from that particular directory.

In this case it will not look as spamming links?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 330/7
    Given: 62/9
    Thanks
    Thanks Alex for your comment, actually this was the case of of 2015, now its 2016, and you also know that Google make number of changes per year so may be the old scenario gone changed.
    If they were not good in 2015, why would 2016 be any different? Yes things change, but not like they allow stuff that didn't work, back in

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 40/0
    Thanks
    Yeah i agree that the quality backlinks is always work but in case of directories, it is different. If you have realized that if you submit your site on Directories sites, after approval have you checked Google Console links to your site?

If you see you would realized that you have submitted only one url on that directory but there would be more that one backlink coming from that particular directory.

In this case it will not look as spamming links?
    If it came from a quality directory then more than a link from that directory just benefit for your site, no worries on that.

For example when I have 300 links in 300 posts from signature on a quality forum but in my Google Console links to your site its showing 700 links from that site, I don't know how Google calculated that but its beneift for my keyword ranking. I tried to move the signature then my keyword rankings decreased.

Its reason why I said you don't need to worry about number of links on a quality site.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 1/0
    Thanks
    I think it depends on the forum or directory. Sometimes the information is repeated on other pages and counts as one more link. This does not happen in all of them.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Killian View Post
    If they were not good in 2015, why would 2016 be any different? Yes things change, but not like they allow stuff that didn't work, back in
    Thanks RON, yeah may this true, as I've to analyze it practically.

Quote Originally Posted by Goliathstwin View Post
    If it came from a quality directory then more than a link from that directory just benefit for your site, no worries on that.

For example when I have 300 links in 300 posts from signature on a quality forum but in my Google Console links to your site its showing 700 links from that site, I don't know how Google calculated that but its beneift for my keyword ranking. I tried to move the signature then my keyword rankings decreased.

Its reason why I said you don't need to worry about number of links on a quality site.
    Thanks Stwin, great answer. Actually doing some practical analysis will be great, I've to try it, what do you say?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/1
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks
    Yes still working if you do proper submission with unique keywords and high authority site

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks
    Only approved directory submission work for long time and depends on your website content

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Given: 3/0
    Thanks
    By directories if you mean something crap then I would say it's no more than wasting time and efforts. However, when it comes to authoritative sites then surely directories have importance in a way that it can bring traffic to your site and this traffic eventually results in generating some leads.
    So directories are important but having niche relevant directories. For example if you have website of leather jackets and you are submitting it in the directories of science then it's better to play some video games rather than spending that time.

Newer Threads

1. viplinks
    hipporeview
    Replies: 3 | Views: 1149
    Last post by hipporeview, 09-14-2016, 03:59 PM
  2. rfharris
    rfharris
    Replies: 0 | Views: 518
    Last post by rfharris, 08-04-2016, 04:34 PM
  3. Ron Killian
    vishwa
    Replies: 8 | Views: 823