Linkedin vs Facebook for Business?

Taylor Rick

Both of these platforms Facebook and LinkedIn are very good for increasing business visibility and sales. I would definitely use both skipping either one of them is not a good idea. Both are well established platforms.

ajaykumar

facebook and linkedin are both the best . i recommend facebook to grow your business as a brand by making a facebook page and join groups to share posts , images and videos of your business . it will definately help to grow business. linkedin is very useful to connect with professional and reputable people , to take advice and share knowledge about business.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Marc van Leeuwen
I agree with these points but I could not find out effective ways to promote on linkedin like Facebook.
For me, Facebook is more easier to advertiser while linkedin is more expensive if you want to give their ads a go.

taxlawyerla

No doubt I'll go Facebook. It's a great platform for get more traffic and can easily grow up your any kinds of business. I'd prefer you FB.:)

Amy Richardson

Facebook is better to create a traffic on your site. I think you're much more visible for lots of potential targets. The best way, of course, is having both, but if you wanna choose. I will pick Facebook for sure.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Marc van Leeuwen
I only can agree a bit more on this because according to me, the visitors from LinkedIn is more quality than Facebook, just a thing I like from Facebook is it easy to promote services via ads and driving traffic to my sites but less conversions for sure.

mikeandy01

To be honest both sources are good for traffic&leads, But certain niches/business models will perform better on one or the other.

For example, recruitment does quiet well on Linkedin infact i have a friend that works in recruitment and he's built a solid list of candidats and companies he now works with and mostly through "Linkedin" so its been a goldmine for him, so in my opinion and from what i've seen if your offering B2B services/products then linkedin is definately your friend!

And on a flip side facebook can also be very valuable for getting traffic&leads when used right, especially when using fb ads as you can laser-target your audience in many different ways :)

niimdigital

If we talk about advertising then I prefer Facebook over linkedIn, I have one reason because LinkedIn Users are not more active if I compare with Facebook, So many advertising said that linkedin are the professional platform, but facebook is also professional platform only thing is that how you can use in your business but mostly depends on your business audience where you get.

marry

I always prefer Facebook over Linkedin. The reason is that Facebook has a wide variety of active groups. So, it is easy to do niche marketing. For example, if you want to promote your fashion business then you get a chance to be a part of more than 50 groups (not immediately but eventually.You get maximum exposure via group posts on FB. It is not possible on Linkedin.

Amy Richardson

Yes, and I agree with You. LinkedIn is much more reliable and more quality than Facebook, but this second site will give you much more traffic, site will be better-recognized thanks that more reliable for the target.

Gh0st4unt3r

They are both good but it all depends on what you are promoting as you will find that Facebook is mainly consumer / household based where linkedin is for more professional targeted at businesses and workers.

I find that Twitter is a good traffic driver and is good along side facebook or linkedin to help drive your content.

kim16

That may depend on your target audience. Because as we know it, LinkedIn is inclined towards professional market. So it kind of appears to be more formal. Facebook on the other hand is more laid-back. In short, if you target corporate clients, go for LinkedIn, if retail go for Facebook.

chiru77

I would love to say Facebook is much batter than LinkedIn because LinkedIn is simply used by professionals while facebook is used by everyone. It has the highest number of monthly active users than any other social media website.

luispas

Linkedin is a better option if you want to make a more serious work, the page itself is about your work experiences, the places where you did that job, etc.

RespectTheInternet

Beside forum marketing, I want to spend a bit more time for promoting my sites on social networks and Linkedin + Facebook are social networks I am thinking of. In your personal opinion, which is better for business and doing marketing campaigns for increasing sales for websites?
I think regarding marketing, Facebook is better because you have the advantage of appealing to many different types of demographics. I think that's very great. On LinkedIn, there are limits to more of the older age demographics, in my opinion. If you don't care about demographics, I would still say use Facebook because of its much larger user base.

sree31

It really depends on your business - is it B2B or B2C? And also what kind of visitors do you want to your website.

If it's B2B then you should start with LinkedIn as you'll find more formal & professional audience engaging in industry or market related groups discussions that you can participate in. LinkedIn can also provide many hot leads with good purchase intent. You can use Facebook as a secondary channel for content marketing and nurturing leads who are relevant to your business but not ready to buy your product or service just yet.

If it's B2C, go for Facebook, don't use LinkedIn. However, in this case, you can also try other networks like Pinterest, Instagram, etc. I would suggest try all major social networks for B2C websites before you decide, cause you never know which one would click for your specific business.

overcast

When LinkedIn was new network, it reached many genuine business and recruiters. However a lot of times you may find that linkedIn itself spams a lot. And that's one reason many business are choosing not to use LinkedIn. In such case you'd find many business using the Facebook Ads. And they are getting some good conversion from those ads. I have found that both of those social networks are good enough for the conversion of the ads posted on it.

WildSpirit

LinkedIn would be the most appropriate option for this because it's something more "formal", but Facebook shows itself as na interesting option for being more dynamic and able to reach more people. In the end, both options are valid... But it all depends on how they will be used.

Unknown

I honestly never really liked using LinkedIn even for business purposes. Not sure why but I never saw it as amazing or anything so I would definitely recommend Facebook. Facebook is the largest social media platform. Yes, you're talking about business but that doesn't matter when you can reach so many more people through Facebook compared to LinkedIn.

I've always had success with Facebook with different business models - you just have to target a specific audience and try to find the most active FB groups and so on. LinkedIn does give more of a ''professional'' feel but that doesn't necessarily equate to better overall results.

AmieBotella

Personally for me, Facebook is much better at boosting your business through marketing because there is interaction and even people who does not have an account on Facebook can see the content when they Google it. LinkedIn is better at promoting one's professional career, this is also a great media to look for highly regarded people of the industry you are in. Both are essential but in terms of marketing Facebook is a better choice than LinkedIn.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.